Consultation forms and client record cards

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VintageEsmerelda

Reaction score
I am setting myself up to be work from home as well as being mobile. I was taught to use consultation forms. I never used record cards so just a little confused about which way to go. Which one do you use or do you use both?

Last edited:
Forms/cards = I have two, one completed at first appointment (consultation) and one filled in after each treatment (record). They're kept with each client's abrasives in an envelope in a locked filing cabinet. When I was mobile I pulled out the relevant envelopes each morning.

I use a booking app which allows you to create forms and I’m the same as Trinity...consultation form completed on iPad on first appointment then I take a photo and update their record at each appointment.
I started out doing both but quickly realised mobile wasn’t for me. Too much time driving, setting up and putting away

Thank you ladies.

My record cards have the client consultation part on the front and record card which is filled in at each appointment on the back. As I fill one up I staple another to the back to keep it all together, and like Trinity, keep them in my filing cabinet with an envelope with their nail files in. The record cards were just from my local wholesaler. They have different ones for different treatments.

I’m so confused I learned all this at college but I’ve completely forgot it all I’m just starting out my own business do you do just a consultation just once for the first time then record card after every treatment?

For some treatments like SPMU, by law, you have to do a proper consultation and keep records of all treatment. These don't have to be in hard copy but I'm a bit old school and I get clients to sign the paperwork on consultation and after each appointment. Fortunately, I've never had a dispute, reaction or client making a claim against insurance but, if the worst happened, I would be seen as being negligent if I didn't keep proper records of treatment. There's a post on the records needed for microblading on our blog page.
Record-Card-Box.png

I’m so confused I learned all this at college but I’ve completely forgot it all I’m just starting out my own business do you do just a consultation just once for the first time then record card after every treatment?

Yes. I ask my clients at the start of the appointment if there’s any changes since they were last here

The consultation is a fact finding exercise you use before you work with a new client, it's extremely useful to you and stands as a constant reference that may or may not need updating over time.

The record is like a diary to note down what you observed, what you did and what products you used on each visit. Great for recalling that 'lovely pink' you applied six months ago. More importantly it's essential for noting any cuts and scratches your client arrived with so they can't say you caused them at a later date.

Right thankyou ever so much, I’m trying to find some to buy but the consultation n record cards say the same thing on them both or there isn’t any consultation ones I’m so confused

11C7C8D8-DD77-4E9F-B81F-2D8D2CF0613F.jpeg

Last edited:
Right thankyou ever so much, I’m trying to find some to buy but the consultation n record cards say the same thing on them both or there isn’t any consultation ones I’m so confused

I found it easier to make my own on A4 paper. If you have a word processor facility ( laptop or tablet etc) and a printer then you can design them to suit your business and products specifically and then tweak them as needed as time goes on. I can send you a copy of mine as a starter to work on if that would help?

If you wouldn’t mind just sending a photo thankyou, that’s such a good idea making your own I wouldn’t know where to start

If you wouldn’t mind just sending a photo thankyou, that’s such a good idea making your own I wouldn’t know where to start

If you go through your college coursework there’s possibly examples in there

Hi ladies I am in the same boat, have just opened my home based salon and would like to create a consultation form and client record cards but can not find a good template through WORD. Is there a website or company who provide templates for both?

Hi ladies I am in the same boat, have just opened my home based salon and would like to create a consultation form and client record cards but can not find a good template through WORD. Is there a website or company who provide templates for both?

Look on Pinterest for ideas. Companies will often advertise their sample templates on there.
See if you can buy a generic one that fits your business or ask them to tweak it for you.
Alternatively, design your own from scratch taking inspiration from the ones you see online that you like.

Latest posts

Back