Consultation Records

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Debsidoo99

Reaction score
I am putting together a new consultation card for all my clients and was just wondering why we would ask clients if they suffer / suffered from diabetes, rheumatic fever , heart disease and had any allergies.
I can see why we ask the allergy question but I'd just like to know why we ask the others. The reason I ask this is because I've basically used the proforma used by Creative and one of the girls who works in the salon checked the form for me. I couldn't tell her why we needed to know this info !
Sorry if I'm being a complete idiot.
:rolleyes:

Nails are affected by a persons general health and diet.
These conditions are not necessarily contraindications to nail enhancements but are a good guide as to whether or not a person is taking any heavy medication or has ablood disorder which could affect the condition of the natural nails.
Remember that this card ss to meant to build up a 'profile' of the person and as a guide to their general health, lifestyle and activity level.

Thank you !
At least I can give an educated answer now to my clients questions !

Debbie,

Why if need to know if Diabetic? - I've been advised that diabetics may have thinner skin which is more easily damaged or cut so need to bear in mind when doing cuticle work/using nippers, they may also have loss of sensation so may not be able to judge hot/cold (which could be a bit of a problem when using hot oil or Parrafin wax!).
There is also Chemotherapy, anti-coagulants or steriods to consider - if the client is taking any these you may want to skip any masage routine (unless Doctor has OK'ed in writing).

HTH

B

Bryony said:
Debbie,

Why if need to know if Diabetic? - I've been advised that diabetics may have thinner skin which is more easily damaged or cut so need to bear in mind when doing cuticle work/using nippers, they may also have loss of sensation so may not be able to judge hot/cold (which could be a bit of a problem when using hot oil or Parrafin wax!).

i have been told that diabetics take longer to heal so if you do catch them and make them bleed it mite nt stop bleeding as the blood does nt clot as easily- but dont quote me on that......lol
its also good to have a bit of back ground info on clients - you never know what might happen :rolleyes:

Jess
;)

Does anyone know where we can get a list of medications that can have an adverse effect on the adhesion of nail products?

The Diabetes question particularly comes into play re Pedicures , as Diabetics can have reduced sensation in the nerve endings of the feet , so you need to be very careful with rough skin removal and nipping cuticles etc. Having said that, with care pedicures are great for ensuring good foot condition and circulation for diabetics.

Dont forget to ask the "contact lense" question to.

chocolate said:
Dont forget to ask the "contact lense" question to.

Chocolate, may I ask what you mean - have never heard od this being a problem?

If they wear contact lens` then they can`t have their nails too long without having problems putting them in and out of their eyes. Its a question I always ask.

Cheers debs, thats right. Also that you should also offer eye protection, if you splash acetone, resin etc in the eye, the chemical can penetrate the lense, and melt it onto the eyeball, not good. :mad: Lots more info on contact lenses in Doug Schoons book.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back