Consultation Sheets

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoanneNYK

Reaction score
I was just wondering if any of you geeks could help me. At college we always filled out a client record card and consultation sheet that was signed by the client before each treatment. The consultation sheets were tailored for each treatment to contain the relevant questions regarding contraindications etc. I have been to loads of salons including luxury spas and never went through a consultation sheet with any of them. Do any of you geeks use them before each treatment? And if so do you have a different consultation sheet designed for each treatment?
Thanks

I was just wondering if any of you geeks could help me. At college we always filled out a client record card and consultation sheet that was signed by the client before each treatment. The consultation sheets were tailored for each treatment to contain the relevant questions regarding contraindications etc. I have been to loads of salons including luxury spas and never went through a consultation sheet with any of them. Do any of you geeks use them before each treatment? And if so do you have a different consultation sheet designed for each treatment?
Thanks
Hi,we have consultation cards from Sally's(any beauty wholesalers sell them).They aren't specifically tailored for individual treatments other than enhancement consultation cards.We just state what treatment client has had,list meds,contra-actions to any previous treatments and clients personal details oh and the date.

It is quite worrying how many new clients tell me they have never had a consultation before yet been to several different salons and had various treatments.

Personally my opinion is that clients are more than impressed that we take the time,even with a 15 minute appointment,it's always done.

If you wanted the same cards as college maybe you could ask for a copy of each one and photocopy them,however the normal ones work just fine.HTH

I'm just confused as we had the cards you are talking about aswell as the consultation sheets to fill out before each client. I don't know if that is maybe just a college thing for insurance?? Do any of you geeks remember doing this at college?

hi, I have consultation cards/client record cards for all of my treatments as I do alot of health and beauty treatments so I like to keep paper work seperate. i am also amazed at the new clients who state they have never had to do a consultation before treatment. i make it standard practise even with old clients just to make sure there is no change. i like to be covered by insurance. :)

hi, I have consultation cards/client record cards for all of my treatments as I do alot of health and beauty treatments so I like to keep paper work seperate. i am also amazed at the new clients who state they have never had to do a consultation before treatment. i make it standard practise even with old clients just to make sure there is no change. i like to be covered by insurance. :)

Do you have individually designed cards for each treatment, for example for a body massage treatment card do you include questions such as do you suffer from ....(list of related contraindications), height, weight, body type etc? Or is it just general consultation cards about health, medication etc?

I'm just confused as we had the cards you are talking about aswell as the consultation sheets to fill out before each client. I don't know if that is maybe just a college thing for insurance?? Do any of you geeks remember doing this at college?
They have both types because the one type goes into your portfolio,as evidence and the other is for the reception.

Colleges always have stacks of paperwork,this is to cover students from every angle so nothing gets missed out.As we become confident in our treatments we dont really need every single little thing written on paper to remind us,also a lot of the questions for various treatments are not relevent to all treatments so are quite unessessary.As I said it's all about H&S and usually a single consultation card is more than sufficient.HTH:hug:

I got one on body treatments from the room that I have taken over. I have seen them at sassis (sallys).
I typed my own up using the same format as theirs but personalising it a bit.
I haven't listed all the contra indications as I tend to aske specific ones for each treatment, eg hopi ear is different to body massage.
If you pm me your email I'll email you a copy.

I think the other reason that the colleges get us to fill out so much client information is so that we learn what information we should be asking for each different treatment, contra-indications etc. I know the forms we fill out with clients at college almost want their entire life history!!:lol: But at least we won't forget it.

In the salon I use the same cards that Babs mentioned but tbh I've decided to design my own so I can use the same one regardless of the treatment. As long as we are aware of any contra-indications and we regularly update them with the client then there shouldn't be any problems.

hth:hug:

Yes i used them at college in the begining when i first started out i designed my own on the pc, but when i run out of ink i had to buy some, i use seperate ones for waxing, tanning and nails

all bought from capitals

HTH

does any one have any different examples of consultation sheets as we need to find different ones off the net??

does any one have any different examples of consultation sheets as we need to find different ones off the net??

who's we?

sorry its for college

I made up my own forms for massage which was based on the institue teachers form. Maybe beauty and nails is a bit different but I won't touch a new client until they've filled in a medical form. Too many things can go wrong with a massage. Also considering that you are in a room by yourself with a client, I know of instances where a client has tried to sue the therapist for touching them. According to them the massage therapist never asked if they could touch the client so this is also stated on my form - that they understand that it's a hands on massage and they are consenting to me touching them. Unfortunately in this day and age of litigation I don't take chances - no form, no massage. I'll be looking into what I need to do for waxing, tanning and tinting when I do the course on the weekend too.

Latest posts

Back