Consultations

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hel2810

Reaction score
Hi all, I know this may sound really stupid but should I do consultation forms for all clients? I've been doing mobile on people I know for a while and got my first non known client. Nervous!!

Hi,
yes you should be doing consultation forms for all clients, they should be part of your service ... How can you fulfil what the clients wants etc and if they have any contra-indications?
Plus your insurance would be void as you have no record of the consultation (if its just a verbal one you do - which is why clients must sign to say the information they have given is correct and also of the treatment - ie tinting / colouring / allergic reactions etc...

Hope this helps - just wondering did you not cover this in your courses ?

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

Yes we did but as I mostly do shellac and lashes, it just went out my mind! Not an excuse I know. Thankfully I've not had any mishaps and have always checked for contra indications and done glue tests xx thanks for your help x

No problem hunni,

Just Make sure you do them - better safe than sorry... So many people out there who would jump at the chance to make a false claim ... And that could financially cost you

Xxxxx

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

Yes we did but as I mostly do shellac and lashes, it just went out my mind! Not an excuse I know. Thankfully I've not had any mishaps and have always checked for contra indications and done glue tests xx thanks for your help x

Are you getting them to sign to say they have had a patch test with no reaction? You need to be. Especially with lashes. Its such a sensitive area and reactions can be very extreme. Cover your bum at every step!

Consultation forms and patch test verification should be done for everyone, even people you know (you'd be surprised who can suddenly become much less friendly when they see the opportunity of getting a bit of cash out of you)

Are you getting them to sign to say they have had a patch test with no reaction? You need to be. Especially with lashes. Its such a sensitive area and reactions can be very extreme. Cover your bum at every step!

Consultation forms and patch test verification should be done for everyone, even people you know (you'd be surprised who can suddenly become much less friendly when they see the opportunity of getting a bit of cash out of you)

Yes, I have a form where they sign to say they have had a test and will inform me of any reaction. I now have designed consultation forms and will have all clients fill them out. Thanks for the comments x

Latest posts

Back