Contact dermatitis, can someone explain to me?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The oxygen in the air is what stops the surface of thr top layer curing hense the sticky top layer is highly allergenic & is often what makes people become sensitive to the gel

The amount of times I've touched that sticky layer :( without realising :(

I've got some gloves in a bottle as well as some e45 type cream.
My hands are ok now, I've even got a gelish french mani on now without any probs, i was majorly careful in applying.

Sometimes though i think it may be in my head, cos i worry about it so much, then if i get an itch i panic. I defo got a very small dry itchy patch between 2 fingers but it's fine now but every now and then it itches, i panic and i whack some mild steroid cream on...........the word Psychosomatic springs to mind (the mind having influence or possibly creating bodily illness) Lol!

I've been there. My best advice would be to go straight to CND products only, at least for yourself. I can tolerate Brisa Gel and Shellac very well. Do everything the CND way including the light. You should be ok.

Everything I use is CND and I have serious allergies to them, when I'm doing I treatment I have to double layer my gloves otherwise my fingers get in a right mess! So It's not true that using CND will be ok for her.

The amount of times I've touched that sticky layer :( without realising :(

I've got some gloves in a bottle as well as some e45 type cream.
My hands are ok now, I've even got a gelish french mani on now without any probs, i was majorly careful in applying.

Sometimes though i think it may be in my head, cos i worry about it so much, then if i get an itch i panic. I defo got a very small dry itchy patch between 2 fingers but it's fine now but every now and then it itches, i panic and i whack some mild steroid cream on...........the word Psychosomatic springs to mind (the mind having influence or possibly creating bodily illness) Lol!

Your right to nip it in the butt now, don't change products right now though as you could become allergic unnecessarily wait until can narrow it down and treat it then if you decide to go for it your histamine won't be going mad xx

Your right to nip it in the butt now, don't change products right now though as you could become allergic unnecessarily wait until can narrow it down and treat it then if you decide to go for it your histamine won't be going mad xx

Sounds like a plan, i will hold off on the shellac for now but mind you I'd still like to try brisa lite as i want to start doing enhancements again but with a soak off (hate buff off at the mo) x

Is this only found on the hands if you develop contact dermitis, I have a rash over my left eye and left side of my neck and I'm not sure if it's stress related or an over exposure to the gelish.

Contact dermatitis is just that - a reaction that occurs when in contact with a substance. Your other rashes etc are more likely an allergy to something (and stress can make your skin more reactive to irritants).
When at college I spent 6 months with my hands so bad they bled. It was the creams and oils, especially almond oil. Since college my hands are fine.

It is unlikely to be d.sperse or the cleanse .. More likely that you are wiping or spreading some of the inhibition layer of unreacted gel onto your skin when wiping it off! Quite common for people to become affected by doing that because they are not careful when wiping the layer off.

Shellac is hypoallergenic and actually does not contain the known allergens that are in other gels. It is a fact that the majority of people who are allergic to gels and monomers have a very good experience to CND products as they continue to work to make them safer and safer to use. There will always be someone who will become allergic even to hypoallergenic products but it is the exception not the rule.

However NO skin contact is the key and sloppy work habits are what causes skin exposure. Change your habits as soon as you can but once allergic ALWAYS allergic.

Latest posts

Back