Contra indication: urinary tract infection/disease

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blossom

Reaction score
I'm pretty new to waxing, my course was only a few weeks ago but I have done a bit on clients and happy with it [emoji4]

Still loving to suck up any/all information and on reading through Habias waxing Code of Practice I noticed that a urinary tract infection or disease is a contra-indication

Why would that be? Just like to know these things. This wasn't mentioned in my course I'm fairly sure.

Completely guessing here as that’s one I’ve never heard of before.......but I would imagine that would possibly be relevant for intimate waxing only. However so long as all normal pre and post waxing hygiene codes of practice are followed there shouldn’t be any risk.

Maybe email Habia and ask for clarification. I would certainly be interested to know

I agree with Pure. Could also be to do with antibiotics used for treating though?

If I was suffering from a UTI I think a wax would be the last thing on my mind [emoji30]

If you have a UTI you will have a temperature of about 37.1 degrees C- so slightly raised.
The client wouldn't be feeling 100% and may need to go to the loo half hourly. Pressing on the groin area to hold the skin tight might be uncomfortable for the client too.
Basically any client running a temperature should not be treated for anything.
Hence the advice not to wax while resolving the infection.

Great advice, thank you

If you have a UTI you will have a temperature of about 37.1 degrees C- so slightly raised.
The client wouldn't be feeling 100% and may need to go to the loo half hourly. Pressing on the groin area to hold the skin tight might be uncomfortable for the client too.
Basically any client running a temperature should not be treated for anything.
Hence the advice not to wax while resolving the infection.
That makes sense

Latest posts

Back