Contra-indications to waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lola21

Reaction score
Hello! I am currently doing an assignment about contraindications to waxing. I know what most of the contraindications are (for instance varicose veins, moles, diabetes etc) but we need to detail why you can't wax over certain areas and I cannot seem to find anything in my text books or online. Can anybody tell me exactly why you cannot wax over scar tissue, skin tags or bruises? What would happen if you did? Any replies would be hugely appreciated! :)

I've just had a quick search. Have a look at this page Waxing contra-indications main and see if it helps. Don't know if the link will work, first time I've tried to add one, if not copy and paste it into your browser! :)
Heather
xxxx

Hello, thanks for getting back to me. Unfortunately the link hasn't worked! Would you be able to forward it to me some other way? Many thanks again! x

Thanks ever so much, i have spent hours trying to search for something like this and this is the best thing that i have seen by far!

That's Ok hun. It's just a matter of typing the right selection of words into the box. I spend too much time on the computer! lol! :)
Happy to help,
Heather
xxx

i imagine the reasons for not waxing over scar tissue is because this skin is usually thinner that normal skin and more sensitive , therefore you could tear the skin ,

with bruises again , it may be sensitive or sore,you could worsen the bruise my causing un necessary trauma to the area ,

and skin tags ...you could rip them off ,causing a huge amount of pain to the client ..not to mention the blood :eek:
xx

ooh thanks for that link hun
i just started a waxing course too ..so this is very usefull xxxxx

you can't wax over scar tissue that is less than 6 months old as you can tear it open.

Latest posts

Back