Contraception?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The beauty lady

Reaction score
Anyone have or has had the iud copper coil? Really want to stop taking artificial hormones.

I had it, it was so painful having it put in and it came out

Not to reassuring then. Did you have it again?

I have it had it now for 2 years it’s honestly the best thing ever !! My body does not act well with artificial hormones and have tried every other one going .The copper coil has been great

Ive had one for around 9 years (has been replaced) i have had no problems, i didnt find it painful being put in, i would always recommend speaking to your doctor before :)

Does this coil effect your periods? I cant cope with mine anymore but cannot handle artificial hormones either. At this stage i would happily take a hysterectomy!

No I think the copper allows periods however the low dose progestin marina coil does stop them or minimises them from what I've gathered. There seems to be a lot of people fall pregnant on the coil. I've got a mini pill which is levongestrel to try. Any opinions on that? But really would maybe like to try the copper coil.

I’ve had mine for around a year and love it. I didn’t find it painful when they put it in, more uncomfortable, I’d say it was on par with a smear test. It does make my periods more painful and heavy. I wouldn’t recommend it if you have bad periods. It does make everything regular though, I never knew when mine were coming before, now I can pretty much predict it to the hour!

I can't even remember my periods before the pill. It's been 10 years. Hence why I'm wanting to try something non hormonal. I get paranoia so I would worry the coil could move and I wouldn't know. Ahhh it's a nightmare. About time they get an implant for men to have

You still have normal periods with the copper coil mine are a lot lighter and not half as painful as they used to be x Didn’t hurt being put in I did the school run straight after but I have had 3 kids so maybe a bit looser

I have had 3 copper coils over the years but with no hormones to send me potty, ha ha. Got migraines too with hormones so I avoided all the side effects from them by having a copper coil.
Had my first about 25 years ago
One of my clients suggested I try it and it was the best thing ever. She still has one in and she is 58....don't know when she will have hers out!!!
Periods were longer , but as mine were good anyway without pain I really had no problems at all. Around 7 days with the first 2 quite heavy and the rest were actually normal.
Try it out , see for yourself , because as we are all very different you will never know until you have tried it.
It is fitted during your period to ensure you are not pregnant when it goes in , I think because your cervix is dilated during your period enabling it to go in more easily. Well that's what they told me at the time, However information could change and my comments could be out of date.
Good wishes and go for it .

Think I'll give the mini pill a go first. My mam and 3 other clients I've done today either fell pregnant, it got lost, rejected or had to have it removed. Hasn't filled me with hope. Considering I'm paranoid about pregnancy.

Think I'll give the mini pill a go first. My mam and 3 other clients I've done today either fell pregnant, it got lost, rejected or had to have it removed. Hasn't filled me with hope. Considering I'm paranoid about pregnancy.

What about implant in your arm?

I had the copper coil put in... it was the worse thing I done ! It was so painful being put in that I was crying... (I have a very high pain tollarance normally)
It then gave me the worse period pains ever.. I would be leaning over in pain just from my period and the very heavy bleeding lasted 10 days rather than my normal 3! My skin went to pot too ! Totally didn’t agree with my body. [emoji20]
Now on the mini pill which seems to suit me a lot better.
I guess everyone’s body is different and reacts differently

I'm currently 4 day in to not taking anything as I'm waiting for my next period so I can start the mini pill. Was expecting to feel different but I don't.

Latest posts

Back