Contracts

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This may not be the advice your looking for but if things are so bad where your not meeting your over heads, the landlord still won't provide the lease/contract then I would be closing the business and leaving quickly with my equipment. You can't continue to run a business that isn't making money x
I'm just not sure where I would go though ? I probably get £200 wage a week after all bills are paid and it's not enough at all :-(

Can I clarify? You're renting a premises and have been since June but signed a lease after this? And the lease is for 3 years? And you're not making a lot of money but you're managing to cover your bills and pay yourself £200 a week. Is that right?

Vic x

Can I clarify? You're renting a premises and have been since June but signed a lease after this? And the lease is for 3 years? And you're not making a lot of money but you're managing to cover your bills and pay yourself £200 a week. Is that right?

Vic x
Yeah that's right? X

I'm not sure what the problem is. What did you think would happen?
No landlord is going to allow you to move in in June and have a change of mind a few months later. A 2- 3 year lease is fairly normal. There are usually restrictions on unacceptable rent increases.

You're covering your bills and taking £200 a week out of the business so it sounds like it's going well. If I were you, I'd do your utmost to make your business successful.

If I can help, just ask.

Vic x

Last edited:
I'm not sure what the problem is. What did you think would happen?
No landlord is going to allow you to move in in June and have a change of mind a few months later. A 2- 3 year lease is fairly normal. There are usually restrictions on unacceptable rent increases.

You're covering your bills and taking £200 a week out of the business so it sounds like it's going well. If I were you, I'd do your utmost to make your business successful.

If I can help, just ask.

Vic x
Thankyou I'm a stress head and indecisive I'm just unsure why she keeps making excuses and won't give me a copy of my lease? My brother and dad said the same to make it a success and I have moved around abit so don't really want to move again and lose clients xx

I think I thought I'd move in and lots of people would want to rent space but I've not had any luck with finding decent people xx

Maybe look outside the box. You have to remember that ultimately the responsibility to pay the bills is with you but definitely keep looking. I have several different people renting from me. Look for someone who offers what you don't - remedial massage/chiropody/reiki and so on.
Spread the word with your clients. Someone may want one or two days a week.

Vic x

Thankyou I will do that. I just need to be more positive and get focused . Thankyou xx

Don't forget there's a lot of support on here x

Latest posts

Back