Conversion competance worries

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

julieanne27uk

Reaction score
I booked on the October Creative Conversion course in Manchester a few weeks ago. I was so excited and looking forward to it:) . But now I have doubts creeping in! I don't do nails as a job and don't get as much practice as I should. I am no good at sculpting and my smile lines are not as 'smiley' as they should be amoung other things. I am worried that compared to other people on the course I will be rubbish and die of embarassment:o ! I am going to try and get in plenty of practice on my trusty nail trainer before October but I'll be a nervous wreck by then:eek: . Is there anyone else who's done the course who can reassure me please??………… :cry:

I am sure you are worrying needlessly. Most people on the course are there to improve their skills, etc, so you won't be alone. If it does transpire that you need help, you can always arrange a one-to-one. Don't worry, just look forward to the course and meeting other new geeks. Good luck!

You definitely will pick up new skills on the course, but the class is not really about that. It is about Creative products and how to make them work best for you.

Everyone will be in the same boat as you and will not have used Creative before ... no one will be doing their best work in a class with a new product. Having said that, the product is so easy to work with that your smile lines might just be smiling more than you think. :lol:

julieanne27uk said:
I booked on the October Creative Conversion course in Manchester a few weeks ago. I was so excited and looking forward to it:) . But now I have doubts creeping in! I don't do nails as a job and don't get as much practice as I should. I am no good at sculpting and my smile lines are not as 'smiley' as they should be amoung other things. I am worried that compared to other people on the course I will be rubbish and die of embarassment:o ! I am going to try and get in plenty of practice on my trusty nail trainer before October but I'll be a nervous wreck by then:eek: . Is there anyone else who's done the course who can reassure me please??………… :cry:

I have never done the Creative Conversion but i would assume that their not there to judge you but to help you, and im sure you will come out of the course feeling extremely pleased with your progression so try not to worry too much and enjoy the experience, im no where near getting a 'smiley' smile line and still beleive i do crap nails lol! but i try not to dwell on it and just keep practicing i learnt from my nail geek meetings that the more you practice and take in what other people do you will soon feel like your improving, they have helped me no end when i was feeling disheartened but ive pulled myself back up and im sure you will do too xx

I'm sure CND see people from all walks of live and skill basis, their aim is to get you to know there products and get the best use from them. I'm sure you will have a great day and learn tons...

Just a suggestion, why not see if anyone from here is going on the same course so that you have a "friend" before you go that you can sit with etc....

All the best and enjoy!

Taz
x

Hi, Thanks for your messages and encouragement. I'm sure you're all right, I'll be fine when I get there. I always get a panic head on when I do courses and stuff, but am fine once I get started. People whos nails I have done say they are really pleased and they like them, but I tend to be suspicious and think they just say it so as not to hurt my feelings!! Sure I'll get more confidence with time. My poor nail trainer will be worn out by October!:biggrin:

Is anyone else going on the conversion course in Manchester in October?

Latest posts

Back