Converting Aveda to Wella

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loladolcie

Reaction score
I'm trying to convert an Aveda color recipe to Wella. Can anyone help?

What’s the recipe?

Roots - 30g Elc, 6g pastel violet - 30 vol
Ends - 40g 9 3g lylo, 2g lain , 1g lulb - 10 vol

I hope that makes sense. The handwriting is bad....

Are you the hairdresser or the client?

I'm the client. Ive already had 1 total disaster with a non Aveda salon here and if there's 1 more I'll need a wig.......

Help!

I'm the client. Ive already had 1 total disaster with a non Aveda salon here and if there's 1 more I'll need a wig.......

Help!
What happened?are you planing on going back to the same salon?

No. I travel all the time for work and it's never been a problem. The colorist knows they need to convert the recipe to whatever brand they use and there are often differences with the result but it's ok. I try to only use Aveda salons for the continuity but it's not possible at the moment. So I'm trying to convert the recipe to Wella or another brand so it's ok because the previous colorist mixed up some crazy concoction that was so bad it was blue...
Then another color and then another...Obviously there is some real damage and I can't let that happen again.
I would really appreciate the help!
I do work in the industry and I do appreciate that color is difficult and I have difficult hair as well.

Do you have a root at the moment? Could you send a picture of your hair?

No. I travel all the time for work and it's never been a problem. The colorist knows they need to convert the recipe to whatever brand they use and there are often differences with the result but it's ok. I try to only use Aveda salons for the continuity but it's not possible at the moment. So I'm trying to convert the recipe to Wella or another brand so it's ok because the previous colorist mixed up some crazy concoction that was so bad it was blue...
Then another color and then another...Obviously there is some real damage and I can't let that happen again.
I would really appreciate the help!
I do work in the industry and I do appreciate that color is difficult and I have difficult hair as well.
After having what sounds like a multidue of colour application in a short space of time, your above formula may not be relevant anymore :/

What do you suggest?

What do you suggest?
I'd need to see your natural level first. When we formulate colour we have to take in to consideration things like, your natural colour, your current colour, the texture of your hair and porosity etc..

Latest posts

Back