Converting Garage into Salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sdennis5

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I wondered if I could get some much needed advice. I just moved and we have a big detached garage I'd love to convert to a salon and office space for my partner. I've looked into insurances, local council etc so I think I know what's needed. BUT our mortgage provider outright said no, we can't have customers on the property at all. Is there anyone who just did it anyway? My neighbours are fine with the idea and there are multiple home salons in my village already.

If your mortgage providers have given a flat no then you're on dodgy ground to still go ahead. If they were to find out they could pull your mortgage with no notice, this would potentially make you unmortgagable and your house could be repossessed. It's unlikely but no-one with good sense is going to recommend you go ahead anyway. I'd be contacting the mortgage company in writing for full explaination. Usually they're put off due to the possibility of claims of commerical premises. Failing that is the posibility of moving your mortgage to a more sympathic lender a possibility.

Latest posts

Back