Converting to CND

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Unique Nails09

Reaction score
Hello all, I'm currently trained with NSI and have used their products for around 7 years, as good as they are I feel NSI don't offer half as much exciting products that CND do.

There are so many CND products that I am dying to try out and offer to my clients but do I need to go and have some training with them in order to use their products and advertise that I use CND (obviously I would not say that I am CND trained without actually training with them).

The same goes for MINX, I am currently using TNW but I do think MINX are superior to them, can I go ahead and buy a kit from Sweet squared and offer it in my salon without formally training in it?

The problems I have at the moment are that I am using NSI Spa Aroma free (I rent in a hair salon and Attraction was apparently gassing out the hair clients even though I was extra careful with fume extraction and good housekeeping). The NSI Aroma free monomer is passable, its a nightmare to work with and creates a hideous roll off layer that is sticky beyond belief. It also seems to create heat spikes on some clients even though I have to work extremely dry with the product as once the bead is placed it runs like hell if I use a normal ratio. I've heard CND monomers are slightly less smelly and I'm really sick of using an inferior product, its not producing my best work.

What do you think x

Hello all, I'm currently trained with NSI and have used their products for around 7 years, as good as they are I feel NSI don't offer half as much exciting products that CND do.

There are so many CND products that I am dying to try out and offer to my clients but do I need to go and have some training with them in order to use their products and advertise that I use CND (obviously I would not say that I am CND trained without actually training with them).

The same goes for MINX, I am currently using TNW but I do think MINX are superior to them, can I go ahead and buy a kit from Sweet squared and offer it in my salon without formally training in it?

The problems I have at the moment are that I am using NSI Spa Aroma free (I rent in a hair salon and Attraction was apparently gassing out the hair clients even though I was extra careful with fume extraction and good housekeeping). The NSI Aroma free monomer is passable, its a nightmare to work with and creates a hideous roll off layer that is sticky beyond belief. It also seems to create heat spikes on some clients even though I have to work extremely dry with the product as once the bead is placed it runs like hell if I use a normal ratio. I've heard CND monomers are slightly less smelly and I'm really sick of using an inferior product, its not producing my best work.

What do you think x

The answer to your first question is that,yes, you can use Minx without CND training as long as you are a professional nail technician ... the same goes for all CND products in the range that are not enhancement products for 'professional use only' (ie all the retail products and Spa Mani and Pedi, Shellac, Dashing dive etc).

As to your change of direction re enhancement products, it is true that the Monomers from CND are lower odour than most and also a slightly different odour as well ... there are many tricks to minimise odour as well listed here:

(quoted from an old post of mine)

You know, it is so easy to minimise the odour to practically nothing that I can never understand what all the fuss is about! If you are getting allot of odour or complaints about odour ..... do the following.

1. Quit wiping the monomer out of your brush on the paper! Wipe your brush on a pad that has been dampened with Scrub Fresh instead and there will be virtually no odour. Wiping your brush on dry paper is the biggest factor that causes odour in the salon.

2. Always cover your dappen dish immediately after use.

3. Put all used paper and wipes in a lined metal container and empty frequently.

4. Transfer all monomer to the dappen dish with a pipette to avoid any spillage.

5. Follow manufacturers' guidelines and install an extraction ventilation system.

Just doing these simple things will virtually eliminate odour in your working area

FUMES you do not need to worry about as we do not make any fumes working with nail products.

VAPOURS are what we need to eliminate as much as possible as the smell monomer can be detected by the human nose with as little as 5 parts per million in the air.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

So to end .. I hope you enjoy your conversion to CND .. if you like you can purchase a small Try Me kit of the Retention+ monomer and powder and have a little play before your Conversion class and get a little feel for the product .. it is very different ... easy to apply (use a light touch when smoothing .. it is not concrete!) unsurpassed clarity and long lasting. Welcome to CND, MINX and SHELLAC as well as more exciting things to come. x

What do you think x

I think you will be delighted with your decision to undertake CND training and if it's exciting product systems you are looking for then you will not be disappointed! :) I have been using CND for 13 years and that in it's self is a huge factor in why my business has been, and continues to be successful. The products are second to none, you will see that for your self, but it's the ongoing support you will receive from the brand it's self and from the company who proudly represents them in the UK, Sweet Squared, that will make probably the biggest difference to you and your business.

Give Sweet Squared a call regarding 'Liquid & Powder Basics' this is our conversion course, and to enquire about Minx. As you are already a fully qualified Nail Professional who is fully insured, you should be able to purchase Minx products without additional formal training. However, you may decide to take advantage of the training anyway as it is very inexpensive and well worth it!!

As you say, it is often thought that CND liquids have a lower odour than other brands, but even so there is MUCH that can be done by you to minimise that odour. You will be taught about this on the L&P Basics course. Minimising odour is a major responsibility for the nail professional, and getting into a few little good habits will easily make this part of your routine.
The other option is CND's Brisa Gel system which is truly odourless without compromising workability, wearability, adhesion or strength, in the way that many odourless Liquids seem to.

Hope this helps,
Best of luck!! :)

hi hun i'm in the same boat as you! i've been using NSI for about 7years now and find the products good but after coming on nail geek and reading all the good reports about CND i think i'm ready for a change! ive booked on the CND conversion course in october @ CND manchester and can't wait to get to grips with the products, will let you know what the out come is. x

I did my conversion from nsi to cnd l&p last month and have to say the training and the products are definatly worth the change. I got a sample pack a while back previously to this and was a little unsure weather to change until i did a rebalance on a set and the difference in removing the bulk how easy it filed made up my mind. Now thinking of a conversion to the brisa, but i was told on the phone that they do not do a sample of this. I didn't think to ask why though. :)

Thanks all its a big step but i'm excited, just contacting a few academies in leigh and st helens to see about a course. Which academy will you be going to markymarc?

The conversion seems to only be 1 day which is brilliant, will be able to fit that in around work and my demanding 3 year old son.

Just registering for S2 and hopefully ordering a sample pack to have a play with.

Thanks again xxxx

Now thinking of a conversion to the brisa, but i was told on the phone that they do not do a sample of this. I didn't think to ask why though. :)

Try me kit of Brisa are not available because you would require the appropriate CND UV Lamp to cure the product. If you try to cure Brisa in any old UV Lamp it will not cure properly and you will not be seeing the product for what it is - amazing :) Perhaps you could try finding a CND Brisa Gel Master in your area and go have your own nails done? Or send some one along on your behalf?
Glad to hear you are loving the L&P, you will not be disappointed with Brisa.
Good luck!

hey hun i'm doing the conversion course @ CND leigh its on the 12th of oct...here is the number 01942 675580

Thanks dear, I will most likely be going there too as its only about 50mins drive from Macclesfield where I live, if i don't manage to get on the course on that date can you keep me informed of how it went for you and what it entailed.

Thanks love!!!:hug:

I am booked on a CND course on 27th sep in Leeds, im so excited. Im currently using OPI Absolute but cannot get on with it anymore. I have heard for years that CND is a superior product but stuck it out with OPI.
Cannot wait to get stuck in xx

I'm soooo excited, I called CND leigh today for info on the course and hopefully will be going on the 12nd Oct just need to book and pay deposit. I'm just wondering which methods we will be doing, is it tip and overlay and sculpt, or one or the other. I'm a sculpt fan but do do tips now and again on request but I'm not 100% marvellous at them, hope this won't be an issue - panicking now!!

x

hey hun should c you on the course! i guess you do the method your used to, i will be sculpting.

Latest posts

Back