Cool ashy formulas to cover golden lights

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TBA90

Reaction score
Heyy I need help! So my client normally has hight lights, 3 colours, which were bleach, 11A and 8/0 ( her hair gives golden tones with the highlift and 8 which she wanted) she now wants more cool ashy blondes ( not grey) but still hight lights. Her base is an 8, so any suggestions on formula's to knock the golden out? I'm going to cut the highlift out. Im just a little worried as its high lights and I don't want the bleach lights to grab grey/green/blue etc...I'll post a pic of the tones shed like

Attachments

• IMG-20190501-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20190501-WA0001.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 36
Heyy I need help! So my client normally has hight lights, 3 colours, which were bleach, 11A and 8/0 ( her hair gives golden tones with the highlift and 8 which she wanted) she now wants more cool ashy blondes ( not grey) but still hight lights. Her base is an 8, so any suggestions on formula's to knock the golden out? I'm going to cut the highlift out. Im just a little worried as its high lights and I don't want the bleach lights to grab grey/green/blue etc...I'll post a pic of the tones shed like
What brand do you use? Do you have a picture of her hair?

So I use goldwell 11A and wella in the 8/0. She doesn't want me to put a pic of her on here but I have searched the net to compare and I've attached a pic of basically the colours she has in her hair. She doesnt have grey hair, and she can't have any tint/toner in her scalp (due to reactions).

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190620_210415.jpg
    Screenshot_20190620_210415.jpg
    414.2 KB · Views: 30
So I use goldwell 11A and wella in the 8/0. She doesn't want me to put a pic of her on here but I have searched the net to compare and I've attached a pic of basically the colours she has in her hair. She doesnt have grey hair, and she can't have any tint/toner in her scalp (due to reactions).
I would use koleston perfect 7/1+8/96 with pastel or colour touch 8/71 +9/16 with 1.9% as your lowlight. Then use bleach through the root areas, pick out any really gold pieces and use bleach and the lowest developer you have maybe 1.5% or 1.9%? Just to clean them up on the mid lengths and ends. The. You could either tone inbetween the foils avoiding the natural root and scalp. Or just tone the whole thing with violet shampoo.

That sounds great, thanks very much! Fingers crossed, I'll let you know.

Matrix do 5 minute toners. They are fab. The anti yellow would be perfect. You have to watch them and rinse as soon as you get your desired result. They also do some new acid toners. They are fab too!

Latest posts

Back