Cool beige blonde

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alan Andersen

Premium Geek
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
Can anyone recommend a nice cool beige blonde colour (for post lockdown obvs)
Client is 73, although looks much younger and is mostly white on top, 50 / 50 on sides and maybe 30 to 40% grey in the back. I would like to keep the variation in the lightness and not be all uniform.
Any advice would appreciated. Happy to use any brand.
Thanks

Hello everyone,
Can anyone recommend a nice cool beige blonde colour (for post lockdown obvs)
Client is 73, although looks much younger and is mostly white on top, 50 / 50 on sides and maybe 30 to 40% grey in the back. I would like to keep the variation in the lightness and not be all uniform.
Any advice would appreciated. Happy to use any brand.
Thanks
Wella illumina would be great for this. 8/13 + 10/69 equal amounts would create a lovely soft blonde.

Thanks Ronray.
With regard to peroxide level - what would you recommend using if I want to maintain the different levels of lightness (varying amounts of white hair across the head, with the top being lightest and the back the darkest) Should I use the same peroxide strength all over and would this result in the whitest areas being the lightest??

Thanks Ronray.
With regard to peroxide level - what would you recommend using if I want to maintain the different levels of lightness (varying amounts of white hair across the head, with the top being lightest and the back the darkest) Should I use the same peroxide strength all over and would this result in the whitest areas being the lightest??
20vol is ample all over, that way you'll keep the differentiation from the lighter on top, to the darker underneath:)

Excellent, thanks

Hello Ronray,
I've applied this colour today (it's my mum, so in my social bubble :) )
She had around 3cm of regrowth and her original colour was pretty washed out, so I just applied as a root colour, then pulled through for the last 15 mins.
The colour on the virgin hair has come up a lot cooler than desired, it almost has a silvery tone. Client was after a more a soft beige / sandy colour.
Can you advise an amendment to the formula for next time or an alternative?
Thanks

Hello Ronray,
I've applied this colour today (it's my mum, so in my social bubble :) )
She had around 3cm of regrowth and her original colour was pretty washed out, so I just applied as a root colour, then pulled through for the last 15 mins.
The colour on the virgin hair has come up a lot cooler than desired, it almost has a silvery tone. Client was after a more a soft beige / sandy colour.
Can you advise an amendment to the formula for next time or an alternative?
Thanks
You have a few options, you could now put illumina 10/36 + 4% or 6% over the top for 10-20 mins to fix this. And for future you Could use either 8/13 +10/36 or you could use 10/96+ 8/37.
Or just try illumina 9/0

Thanks. Appreciated as always :)

Latest posts

Back