Coon tails!????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angel_face1985

Reaction score
Hi all!!
This is my first post on here, but have been taking a peek at all the others for a while!!
Im training to be a hairdresser at the mo, started last september and hopefully will be quilified up to level 2 nvq in june!! woop woop!!

Right to the point!! My lil sister has come across a phase called coon tails its like a racoon tail in a section of your hair!! I woz wondering how I would go about this!!! I know ill have to beech to section of hair i want to work on but what can i use to section it into stripes and also is it ok to put a colour on top of the bleech to make the dark stripes??
Thanks guys!!!xx

Hi all!!
This is my first post on here, but have been taking a peek at all the others for a while!!
Im training to be a hairdresser at the mo, started last september and hopefully will be quilified up to level 2 nvq in june!! woop woop!!

Right to the point!! My lil sister has come across a phase called coon tails its like a racoon tail in a section of your hair!! I woz wondering how I would go about this!!! I know ill have to beech to section of hair i want to work on but what can i use to section it into stripes and also is it ok to put a colour on top of the bleech to make the dark stripes??
Thanks guys!!!xx

You would have to assess the hair first and decide whether it is suitable eg the history of what has been on the hair in the past

if its suitable,
you can do this using foils with both bleach and tint alternating ,
you may need to do a few thin meshes of hair exactly the same,
starting from the lower mesh building up to the degree of thickness that you want the (raccoon tail) to be ,

but you would have to be very careful,
just bleach up to where you want and cover with foils ,
then tint to where you want and cover with foils .

When ready ,
rinse the darker colour out first so that the darker colour doesn't run into the bleached bits.
Also don't use heat in case the bleach swells

You can bleach a panel first then dry the hair off then tint in stripes over the blonde hair with a darker colour in meshes
cover the darker tinted stripes with foils again

but you would have to be very careful not to smudge it into the blonde
perhaps you could use a barrier cream where you want to keep the blonde bits.

once again be careful when washing off ,

The brighter the blonde and the darker the contrasting colour is what makes this a bit more tricky,
anything in between is pretty straight forward,

hope this made sense :hug:

wow have never heard of that before , sounds interesting , i would love to see a pic on the finished reseult :green:

hiya, I do them at home and for ebay, but on my own made clip ins, alot easier and plus I can take them out for work.

Dee go on ebay and search coontail, u'll get a couple if different versions :D

hi for quick ad easy coontails masking tape is the answer you just tape up the pits you don't want to dye (really tight !)and then switch over if you are doing two colours
x

well i had a nosy on the web and dont know if its me being old fashioned but i really dont like em much :irked:, i love creative colouring and stuff but these just dont seem to float it for me at all ?
but then i mihgt be sooo behind the times , pmsl xx

well i had a nosy on the web and dont know if its me being old fashioned but i really dont like em much :irked:, i love creative colouring and stuff but these just dont seem to float it for me at all ?
but then i mihgt be sooo behind the times , pmsl xx

everyone to their own :lol:

oooooh I love coon tails! Had black and blonde last time, thinking of pink and blonde when I next have my roots done! sorry I am no help am I, just wanted to say that I love them lol x

hi for quick ad easy coontails masking tape is the answer you just tape up the pits you don't want to dye (really tight !)and then switch over if you are doing two colours
x

Hi, thats a good idea , Im all for making life easy
you mean like in a pony tail ?
so would you tape it tight and do the lighter colour first ?
then dry it off and tape it tight again and do the darker colour last ? :hug: x

i think u can do both colours at the same time, but rinse with cold water.

i done a sample one to see the turn out of the colours i had just got and the pink ran because i rinsed with hot water.:D

you need to do the darker one first really rinse then retape and do the light
x

Latest posts

Back