Copper hair colour help request 🙏

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laura1780

Reaction score
Hi, my client has asked for a bright copper colour and has shown me this photo. She is currently a platinum silver blonde.
I was thinking of using Wella Koleston in colours 7/34 1/2 and 7/37 1/3 - would this be too dull - go too dark for this colour? Not done a copper before. Thanks so much

Attachments

• ABEBF11F-7529-4DD9-B7A5-B2985C2C686D.jpeg
    ABEBF11F-7529-4DD9-B7A5-B2985C2C686D.jpeg
    551.9 KB · Views: 32
I'll give you some general advice as I don't usually use wella!

If they are prelightened, if they have an ash toner in their hair, it is best to remove the ash first. Even though the ash is light, it can really affect the copper tone.

You'd need to precolour with a copper colour first, you might want to use a colour more vibrant than your normal precolour for the target level.

I'd only attempt the change if the hair is in relativly good condition. If the hair is super porous and damaged it is almost imposable to create a great red colour.

I'd definatly try and use a demi-permant colour for the lengths and ends, for a much richer and healthier looking colour. If the hair is slighly porous add in some mixtone that uses direct dyes as they will add longevity to the colour as they grab onto sensitised hair.

That colour is very dimensional and I'd look at using a level 6 copper and level 7 copper-gold for the lighter tone.

If after colouring you feel the hair is not vibrant enough running a copper toner over the hair makes all the difference.

It's my favourite colour to create. I'm sure you will get colour suggestions from the wella experts here! Good luck!

Latest posts

Back