Copper help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LeeRodgers

I’m Cake
Reaction score
My client has sent me a couple of photos of a copper blonde moment that she is wanting me to replicate.

natural level 6 with a few scattered grey along the hair line.
Her hair has been previously lightened to a level 9 natural with high lift. (12.81)

i am thinking of using a 8.34 along the hairline and t section, flooding the rest with a demi 7.43, though I am worried this will be too light.

what would your recommendations be? I know both colours are slightly different, and the client seems to be happy with whichever I choose.

Attachments

• 56088F86-8C82-4D11-8961-BC1C516D1BBD.jpeg
    56088F86-8C82-4D11-8961-BC1C516D1BBD.jpeg
    441.1 KB · Views: 29
  • 327FBBA7-235D-4130-A5F5-79095D4B1A4F.jpeg
    327FBBA7-235D-4130-A5F5-79095D4B1A4F.jpeg
    182.7 KB · Views: 30
I wrote 7.43 last night! I was meant to write 7.35 - though It might not have enough of a copper warmth.
I don’t use any specific brand, so open to any option!

I think 8/34 would be too bright, I'd be mixing in some extra gold.

The first picture is lighter and more golden at the front, but has a more red copper tone towards the back with a few blonde highlights.
For the front I'd highlight and apply 8/37 as base. For the back I'd highlight and use 6/74 + 7/37

The second, again has lighter gold at the front, but it has less red and more of a copper / chestnut base, but seems to be more mutli tonal than the first. I'd add a 3rd colour to create this look.
I think I'd look at base at back illumina 7/43 + highlights + slices of 8/37.
Highlight front and put illumina 8/37 through the front as base. ( No 7/43 at front)

I think 8/34 would be too bright, I'd be mixing in some extra gold.

The first picture is lighter and more golden at the front, but has a more red copper tone towards the back with a few blonde highlights.
For the front I'd highlight and apply 8/37 as base. For the back I'd highlight and use 6/74 + 7/37

The second, again has lighter gold at the front, but it has less red and more of a copper / chestnut base, but seems to be more mutli tonal than the first. I'd add a 3rd colour to create this look.
I think I'd look at base at back illumina 7/43 + highlights + slices of 8/37.
Highlight front and put illumina 8/37 through the front as base. ( No 7/43 at front)
I think the first colour is what I would aim for - since her hair is so light, I am sure it will wash up a bit over the weeks.
I could not find a 8/37 in illumina, but there is a 8/73? I know she definitely still wants that lighter piece at the front to transition from the blonde. It’s like a half way point!

8/37 is illumina.
8/73 is koleston or colour touch.

Unless my digital shade chart hasn't updated?

Here's the 8/37 illumina

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220201-200317.png
    Screenshot_20220201-200317.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 24
Here's the 8/37 illumina
Clearly I’ve a very old chart in the salon! I’ll go tomorrow to pick up the 8/37. The client is not until Thursday morning.
The first colour seems to be the quickest method to give her the result she hopefully will love.
heavy highlight with 8/37 on the face frame and softly through the T - zone, then flood with the 6/74 & 7/34, leaving the front hairline out to base it with the 8/37 - that’s right isn’t it?
I get anxiety and go colour blind whenever it comes to do copper colours! I always have a bad experience doing my own (either too orange or too red), so when it comes to clients, I never get them right first time! I just want to be sure for this girl, more so because she leaves for France the following day!

Clearly I’ve a very old chart in the salon! I’ll go tomorrow to pick up the 8/37. The client is not until Thursday morning.
The first colour seems to be the quickest method to give her the result she hopefully will love.
heavy highlight with 8/37 on the face frame and softly through the T - zone, then flood with the 6/74 & 7/34, leaving the front hairline out to base it with the 8/37 - that’s right isn’t it?
I get anxiety and go colour blind whenever it comes to do copper colours! I always have a bad experience doing my own (either too orange or too red), so when it comes to clients, I never get them right first time! I just want to be sure for this girl, more so because she leaves for France the following day!
Highlight with either bleach and low developer or 10/0 + 12% around the front and flood with 8/37. highlight the back and above base colour.
You can always wing it and say you went for a combination of the two looks! 😂 That kind of covers you. But honestly you're not on your own, I actually support another member of salon geek, and they have little experience with copper and are always a bit nervous.

Highlight with either bleach and low developer or 10/0 + 12% around the front and flood with 8/37. highlight the back and above base colour.
You can always wing it and say you went for a combination of the two looks! 😂 That kind of covers you. But honestly you're not on your own, I actually support another member of salon geek, and they have little experience with copper and are always a bit nervous.
I got you! I’ll use a low developer with the lightener. Her hair is pretty fine around the front, so we never use anything past a 3%

any help you can give for this copper? We used 7/43 last time to try achieve it, but it lacked the stronger golden reflection. It was more on the red side. I was thinking on using it with 30vol next time to see if that would be of any help. Distort the 7.43 a bit. Again, she is a natural 6.
45E428BE-0653-4B1B-B2F5-3BAAFA268BC2.jpeg

I’m going to have to go and book a course specifically on coppers! 80% of my clients are blonde, the rest brunettes or naturals, but lately I’ve been seeing more and more want to go copper or soft reds!

I got you! I’ll use a low developer with the lightener. Her hair is pretty fine around the front, so we never use anything past a 3%

any help you can give for this copper? We used 7/43 last time to try achieve it, but it lacked the stronger golden reflection. It was more on the red side. I was thinking on using it with 30vol next time to see if that would be of any help. Distort the 7.43 a bit. Again, she is a natural 6.
View attachment 212896

I’m going to have to go and book a course specifically on coppers! 80% of my clients are blonde, the rest brunettes or naturals, but lately I’ve been seeing more and more want to go copper or soft reds!
Yes up your developer and add in some 8/3.

I think the problem people have with copeprs and reds is that we're not really used to people asking for warmer colours anymore so we loose confidence in doing them, in fear of it being warm!
Once you've done a couple close together you'll get the feel for it and you'll know what works, what doesn't and when to tweak your formula.

Latest posts

Back