Copper

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*JOANNE*

Reaction score
hi everyone, i have a client with naturally red/strawberry blonde "celtic" hair, she is about 20 % grey so i have been colouring her hair using wella kp with a mix of.8/00 and 8/3 and this results in her natural redhead/strawberry blonde which is her natural colour, she has come to me with a picture and now its becoming autumn wants to go a copper colour, because she allready has natural gold/copper tones and her hair is already coloured using /3 gold tone i am thinking of 2 choices either kp. 8/34 or 7/34 or 8/43 with her hair already having gold in it i was thinking that /3 should be the secondary tone to the /4so a /43 instead of a /34 iykwim I am also thinking maybe using wella colourtouch in 7/43 and mixing a bit of base in with what ever colour i choose.
any advice on the best copper a) for a natural redhead and b) already tinted
many thanks

Hi Joanne,
You mean adding a touch of base just for the root area ?

8/43 looks lovely and the 7/43 looks lovely too

(you could do some test pieces to see which one she likes most)

If your'e worried about covering the white hair at the root then You could do it with the KP tint using your usual peroxide volume ?
in the same corresponding colour ?

Then water spray down the mid lengths and ends with water
and swap over to the Colour Touch in the chosen tested corresponding colour to match :) x

Last edited:
Hi Joanne,
You mean adding a touch of base just for the root area ?

8/43 looks lovely and the 7/43 looks lovely too

(you could do some test pieces to see which one she likes most)

If your'e worried about covering the white hair at the root then You could do it with the KP tint using your usual peroxide volume ?
in the same corresponding colour ?

Then water spray down the mid lengths and ends with water
and swap over to the Colour Touch in the chosen tested corresponding colour to match :) x

that is what i was thinking minky using the colour touch 7/43 for mid lengths and ends and the kp with 6% on the root area, just unsure about adding a bit of base just a tiny sqirt to both mixes..a) to give coverage on the roots and b) becasue the cp is going over and 8/3 so is quite gold, so the new colour isnt as transparent over the 8/3 ????? so there is no difference roots through to mid length and ends ??iykwim

that is what i was thinking minky using the colour touch 7/43 for mid lengths and ends and the kp with 6% on the root area, just unsure about adding a bit of base just a tiny sqirt to both mixes..a) to give coverage on the roots and b) becasue the cp is going over and 8/3 so is quite gold, so the new colour isnt as transparent over the 8/3 ????? so there is no difference roots through to mid length and ends ??iykwim

I would add just a touch of base to the KP tint where the white hair is for coverage

But not with the colour touch (for the mid lengths and ends) ... as it can grab more easily on the mid lengths and ends
especially as there is no white hair to be covering in this area ,

Test peice it first with both CT shades for the best root match :) x minks

Hi, Joanne
Or you could do it the same colour, but then add some scattered foils in rich deeper red shades the 6/43 KP tint looks nice .... using 3% or even 1.9% if you want it a bit deeper ...

Again test piece it first , x minks

Hi, Joanne
Or you could do it the same colour, but then add some scattered foils in rich deeper red shades the 6/43 KP tint looks nice .... using 3% or even 1.9% if you want it a bit deeper ...

Again test piece it first , x minks

thats an idea minky thank you, i will do some test pieces and have a play.. :hug::hug:thank you for you advice mate xx

what i ended up doing was doing the roots 8/0 with 8/3 with 6% to match her fullhead and a full head woven (well cheated used the spatula) of the ct 7/43 all over..looked gorgeous and she was really pleased...gorgeous celtic autumn hair. thanks minky for your advice mate :hug:

what i ended up doing was doing the roots 8/0 with 8/3 with 6% to match her fullhead and a full head woven (well cheated used the spatula) of the ct 7/43 all over..looked gorgeous and she was really pleased...gorgeous celtic autumn hair. thanks minky for your advice mate :hug:

Hi, *JOANNE* that's great news I really love those Celtic copper colours too
Great idea to use the spatula :)
ooh I'll bet it brought out lots of lovely shimmering coppery tones .
I am really glad it all went well,

and thank you for the feedback *JOANNE* as I am sure lots of others on here will keep those colour combos and the spatula in mind ,
I sometimes forget just how useful the spatula can be :) x minks

Latest posts

Back