SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, I’m really worried about going to college, I’m studying L2 beauty at the moment and we are currently doing facials. I live my 69-year-old dad who has asbestosis and my two-year-old daughter. College have assured me that they are following procedures, but I don’t understand how doing a facial on somebody you hardly know can be safe, considering we are told to restrict close contact. I’m even contemplating postponing my course. But until when..? Any help or advice on this matter will be greatly appreciated xx

Hi, I’m really worried about going to college, I’m studying L2 beauty at the moment and we are currently doing facials. I live my 69-year-old dad who has asbestosis and my two-year-old daughter. College have assured me that they are following procedures, but I don’t understand how doing a facial on somebody you hardly know can be safe, considering we are told to restrict close contact. I’m even contemplating postponing my course. But until when..? Any help or advice on this matter will be greatly appreciated xx

No-one can give you a definite answer as this has never happened before and we're all fumbling around in the dark. The impact on college students, children about to take their A Levels, GCSE's etc. is all unknown. This affects college intakes, university allocations, etc. So far, these issues are way down the list of situations that need addressing immediately but I'm sure they will be at some point when the world gets back under control.

If I were in your situation, especially with your Dad's issues I would be self isolating.

All education establishments are closed in Ireland.
I’m appalled that they‘ve not followed suit in the UK and I’m worried for my grandson over there.

If it were me, I’d withdraw from the course but do what feels right for you and your family. You can always return to college at a later date.

No-one can give you a definite answer as this has never happened before and we're all fumbling around in the dark. The impact on college students, children about to take their A Levels, GCSE's etc. is all unknown. This affects college intakes, university allocations, etc. So far, these issues are way down the list of situations that need addressing immediately but I'm sure they will be at some point when the world gets back under control.

If I were in your situation, especially with your Dad's issues I would be self isolating.

Thank you for your reply. Every part of me is saying stay home, I think maybe for a couple of weeks at least , that’s the best thing to do.
Thanks again xx

Thank you for your reply. Every part of me is saying stay home, I think maybe for a couple of weeks at least , that’s the best thing to do.
Thanks again xx
Hey! I have taken the decision to stop college for the time being. My son has scarred lungs and my family have health conditions. For me, it isn't worth the risk of continuing college. I've taken my son out of school too. I'd rather no qualification than potentially putting my family at risk of this awful virus.
Do what's best for you ❤️

I’m appalled that they‘ve not followed suit in the UK and I’m worried for my grandson over there.

If it were me, I’d withdraw from the course but do what feels right for you and your family. You can always return to college at a later date.
Rumour is that schools will close on Friday and bring the Easter break forward by two weeks.

Thanks again xx
I think you made the right decision. Fact is that if you're feeling worried and stressed about what's going on, then you're not going to be having a great learning experience. I'm sure you won't be the only one who has done this. Far better to wait and pick up again when this has blown over. Good luck :)

Hey! I have taken the decision to stop college for the time being. My son has scarred lungs and my family have health conditions. For me, it isn't worth the risk of continuing college. I've taken my son out of school too. I'd rather no qualification than potentially putting my family at risk of this awful virus.
Do what's best for you ❤
Thank you, I have decided not to go back to college at the moment. Thank you for your reply I hope you stay safe and well. xx

I think you made the right decision. Fact is that if you're feeling worried and stressed about what's going on, then you're not going to be having a great learning experience. I'm sure you won't be the only one who has done this. Far better to wait and pick up again when this has blown over. Good luck :)
Thank you

It’s awful! My daughter’s university closed but the schools haven’t so I’ve taken my kids out of school.

Latest posts

Back