Coronavirus and client formulas

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dondon90

Reaction score
Hi everyone

Like the rest of the world i stopped working yesterday. Ive had a couple of clients ask me for their formula's. What do you think is an appropriate response?

Thanks x

A few emojis :p:p:p:p

Really? I thought we all had to stop now anyway?
Or do you think maybe they're planning on buying the colour themselves? . It's hard to know what to say when a client asks for their formula.
Thankfully I haven't come across this problem yet.... I just hope to god that we're back in our salons soon otherwise we'll have a tone of colour corrections to do when we got back

Unfortunately theres nothing stopping them from getting Majirel etc and peroxide from amazon. Normally it would be a flat out NO but i feel a bit stuck with everything going on x

Unfortunately theres nothing stopping them from getting Majirel etc and peroxide from amazon. Normally it would be a flat out NO but i feel a bit stuck with everything going on x
It's a difficult one because if they dont weight it or mix it correctly they will have a small disaster on their hands... And not only that it frustrates me that its available on amazon becaue we have to prove we're qualified / insured to purchase it... Yet anyone can buy it from amazon or eBay :/

Isn’t it their legal right to know whatever you’ve written on their client card? [emoji848]

Isn’t it their legal right to know whatever you’ve written on their client card? [emoji848]
I don't belive it, as far as I know it's something that has never really been decided on... There's so many conflicting opinions around it.

Yes, that’s true.
They have to put the request in writing, pay a fee and you have 40 days to respond.

So you write down exactly what’s written in the notes...

However, most of us will use our own shorthand version for our formulas as that’s quicker for writing up the client notes and it makes perfect sense (to us). Another hairdresser might look at the note and still struggle to understand the exact formula correctly.

For instance, I could write something like 3-30/M9V/45 which probably won’t be much use to the average client unless they know our shorthand.

Hahaha love it! Yes absolutely true. Didn’t realise you could take it so literally tho [emoji23]

Thanks for explaining!

Hi everyone

Like the rest of the world i stopped working yesterday. Ive had a couple of clients ask me for their formula's. What do you think is an appropriate response?

Thanks x
Normally I would decline to pass this info on as 'I vary it each time to balance out the changes in the wear of the colour'.

Now with this longer shutdown I've decided to drop products and accoutrements round to a couple of my grey regrowth clients.
Bagged up and left in the porch or similar.

I shall provide what they need, with typed instructions.
There's only a few I'll do it for, and of course I shall charge a reduced amount.
I think it's a good way to keep in touch and providing some level of service.

Of course, it wouldn't work for everyone, and anything to do with lightening would be more problematic.
I would rather give them a formula and they do it themselves than try a supermarket box dye and the mayhem that ensues.....

Latest posts

Back