Coronavirus and self employment

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stella1981

Reaction score
Hi can someone please advise, I work self employed one on one in a workshop at home, I'm aware salons are closing due to the corona virus, I have a policy in place, it's one on one and everything is sanatised after each person. I'm just confused with the guidelines, if you must stay 2meters apart surely I would have to close but the government need to announce to cover bills.. Any information would be appreciated xx

Hey

As far as we're aware, Salons aren't closing yet, but this may be in the pipeline. Self-employed will still be able to work, unless ordered to stop. As long as you practice good hygiene and 1-1, then there would a minimal risk of transmission. Keep checking the .Gov website for info.

Keep safe. xx

No, you need to close your business and stop working unless you’re a key worker. The govt. has put money aside to support self employed people.

Every person you come into contact with increases the potential for spreading this deadly virus.

Thanks guys I've shut up shop for now, has anyone got any idea how to claim ssp for self employed? Xx

Hey Stella, at the moment self employed need to claim universal credit. Just hop on the website and you can apply through there :)

Good afternoon, now it’s better not to risk your life and the lives of customers. We must sit at home and not contact others until this is over.

Latest posts

Back