Coronavirus grants

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bee001

Reaction score
Hey 👋🏼

just wondered if anyone could give me abit more info or general idea 💡 on self employment grants given via the local council....

So I’ve been reading that people who are self employed have been getting close contact grants...

For instance I work in a salon (were the business owners have been given grants to keep the shop going for when we open) but as I’m self employed renting would I be entitled?
Do I go to my local council (home address) or do I go to my local council to were I work?
I may be wrong but I have seen so many people get this.
Thanks in advance if anyone could enlighten me as to what this means

Xxx

I’m also in the same position as you are @bee001 so I’d love to hear people response if you don’t mind xx

I’m also in the same position as you are @bee001 so I’d love to hear people response if you don’t mind xx

it’s soo confusing isn’t it, I’ve searched on the internet aswell but not getting any closer to any info or how / where to apply!
I rent a room from the said salon, so would be great if I could get any additional help aswell as the se grant (still awaiting for date to be confirmed for the 4th one)

if I find anything out I’ll let you know ASAP

x

it’s soo confusing isn’t it, I’ve searched on the internet aswell but not getting any closer to any info or how / where to apply!
I rent a room from the said salon, so would be great if I could get any additional help aswell as the se grant (still awaiting for date to be confirmed for the 4th one)

if I find anything out I’ll let you know ASAP

x
Yes same here as I only rent a room the salon owner was able to get help which is good , hopefully we may get some info through this thread .
thanks for letting me hop on here xx

Yes same here as I only rent a room the salon owner was able to get help which is good , hopefully we may get some info through this thread .
thanks for letting me hop on here xx

Fingers crossed 🤞🏽
And your welcome anytime x 🥰

Hey 👋🏼

just wondered if anyone could give me abit more info or general idea 💡 on self employment grants given via the local council....

So I’ve been reading that people who are self employed have been getting close contact grants...

For instance I work in a salon (were the business owners have been given grants to keep the shop going for when we open) but as I’m self employed renting would I be entitled?
Do I go to my local council (home address) or do I go to my local council to were I work?

Xxx

Your location shows as Nottingham so I just googled Nottingham City Council and their front page offered a C-19 Business support link. I haven't read it in full, and I don't fully know your business specifics but it's probably the best place to start. If you are not sure then email them and ask.

As an aside, it's entirely down to individual Councils and I got declined by mine.

https://www.nottinghamcity.gov.uk/i...s/coronavirus-covid-19-updates-for-businesses

Hi this close contact grant is for mobile services only 50% at least of your business has to be mobile in Scotland and you have to reside in Scotland too. If you think you’re eligible you only have until Tuesday 5pm to apply

Hi I have had a discressionary grant
Or some councils have called it arg grant
Check with your local council what they are offering all my hairdressing friends who are self employed who rent a space have gotten it try and get in touch with your council as soon as! Fingers crossed!

Do you know if I have to apply through my council where I live or where I work?

sorry for all the questions xxx

What would I put to this?? Anyone know xxx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 38
That looks like it’s for retail not supplying a service haircut waxing etc

If you are known to the tax man they should’ve contacted you last year and any additional grants would be checked through them xx

Do you know if I have to apply through my council where I live or where I work?

sorry for all the questions xxx

I would suggest work location as it's a business grant so should be provided by the council the business us located in.
If it was for you as a person it would be whichever council you live in

If you are known to the tax man they should’ve contacted you last year and any additional grants would be checked through them xx

The SIESS grant from the Government, as an equivalent to furlough, for the Self Employed will be triggered by the Self Assessment tax return, but the discretionary Business support grants are offered by the individual local county councils and have to be applied for.

Hey 👋🏼

Xxx

Hey 👋🏼

Xxx

Hi
If you have submitted your self assessment for 2018/2019, HMRC would have sent you a invite letter for grant. I heard they are looking into giving more grants to self employed people. Check govt's website www.gov.uk for all the latest updates.
I hope this helps.
Best wishes x

You should have a rateable premise. If you are renting a room, you will need to have a document from your land lord to attach to show what you pay. If you don't then you can claim the self employment grant based on 80% of tax returns of your income.

Hey 👋🏼

Xxx
There is a facebook group tga Emna Fowler is running for ARG and she knows everything there is to know. But yes you apply through your council. Xx

Latest posts

Back