Coronavirus lockdown/working from home, help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailzbydebz

Reaction score
Hi geeks... Can anyone shead any light on this situation...
I was working for a salon 15 miles away. Which ended up not working out. I then went to work from home, to which our town went into local lockdown. Where does that stand me, if I was to abide by government guild lines. Sanitise on arrival, masks for both of us, temperature check and covid track and trace.. Would clients be able to come into my home
Or is that my self employment career over with??

I work fom home and live in Manchester. I reopened my treatment room for part of my menu of treatments back in June when we were allowed. I have sanitizer by front door, bathroom sink, treatment room. I don't temperature check, as half my clients ar going through menapause so it would throw up incorrect temp checks and to be frank, if a clients got a fever you will see it on their face very clearly. I am wearing my visor to the front door, my mask goes on after the consultation, I request everyone wears a mask on arrival or I will sell them one at the door, no mask, no treatment!.

I finding clients are not happy abou track and trace filling in, and several have put what they feel are funny names and incorrect mail addresses, so now I am filling this in myself with the details they book from and just getting them to sign and fill times in.

I was over cleaning at first after each client, but now I just cleaning where they touch.

We are in a local lockdown, but you can work from home. The greater Manchester area is easing restrictions again okay to allow close contact treatments again.

In some areas, I’d expect all salons inc. small home salons to have to close in the short term, to limit people mixing from different households.

I think you’d need to contact your local council to check the local lockdown rules because I think it depends on the numbers and spread of cases within your immediate area, as to how they will be managed.

Latest posts

Back