Correction advice?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shabbychicpeach

Reaction score
I started back in college again, and am almost done with level 2. I was used as a hair model in October, and my virgin hair was ruined šŸ˜© After being ill, Iā€™m finally wanting to correct it, but I just wanted to check if the tutorā€™s advice is correct? The girls used a 10/1 igora royal high lift (tutor chose the colour) on my base 5 natural hair, after Iā€™d made it VERY clear I didnā€™t want it to show any copper whatsoever. The tutor insisted it wouldnā€™t go copper. Itā€™s copper. it lifted to a level 6-7, with the ends being darker, and the roots glowing. Toning with a 7/1 barely touched it, same as blue shampoo.
So now I want to go back to my natural brown, and completely neutralise the copper. The tutor says I should use 5/16, but Iā€™m concerned tht the red secondary tone will just make it too warm? can anyone help? Also, would I be able to use the same colour on my natural roots (around 2ā€ with minimal whites scattered)?
hereā€™s a photo of it before I did my hair earlier, which is why its a frizzy mess šŸ¤£ 59DD1AE9-1F42-4084-8CE0-28DF1889E392.jpeg912B4489-BD4B-44FF-BBA5-4982A865B47D.jpeg

Can you clarify what brand the 5/16 is that you're referencing? Just so I understand what the /16 is before offering further advice :)

Sorry! šŸ˜‚ Been a loooong day!
Was told to use igora royal in that shade with 3% šŸ˜Š

But Iā€™m open to using any colour line. My goal is to obviously correct the copper, and then cover my roots along with the whites that I have. After that itā€™s just maintenance, so the long-term importance is to cover the white hairs that shine like the North Star šŸ˜©šŸ¤£ x

Okay so by researching the colour, I would agree with the choice on tone, but you can't really just apply this all over, because you will inevitably end up with a slightly different colour on the ends. Personally I'd probably go with 5-16 + 6-0 for the roots and then use 5-16 for the ends. Because after a wash or two then ends might wash up a but and end up slightly lighter and warmer. So by adding the 6-0 to the root colour you'll hopefully gain balance.

thank you so much for that! Love how much knowledge you have šŸ˜
How much of each would you use for the roots?

Latest posts

Back