Cosmetic Toe Nail Enhancements - Help?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Julie Rogers

Reaction score
Hi all.

I wondered if I could have a bit of advice. I have been doing gel toe nails for some time, but really only cosmetic using either coloured gels, or permanent french. Toe nails look fab when they walk out of my salon.

I have been approached by a well known training centre for podiatrists / foot care health professionals, asking if I could demonstrate / take one of their class's to show candidates the application of the NSI balance gel system to Toe Nails. Well I know that these class's / lectures are for paying students who are training to become podiatrists and they will be using the gels to cover nail diseases/ disorders / trauma.

Now this is all very well and good, and I would love the opportunity to do this some day, but I am not sure that I am qualified or insured, but more importantly our 'nail technician' training does not allow for us to treat certain conditions, but to refer to a GP or foot health professional.

The training centre seem anxious to get me in, but this is on the basis of a 5 minute phone call with me and also personal recommendation.

From a professional standpoint, what would you do? I know that what they are asking cross's the boundries between 'cosmetic/ enhancement' and 'reconstruction'.

Can anyone offer me any advise. I am just not qualified to demonstrate this process as we are taught to refer. So do you think I am right or wrong? Any advice would be great as I am very confused and have not gone back to the training centre yet?

Help?

Julie

I would say that as all you will be doing is a demo you'll be fine. It is up to them to get the proper training and insurance and not your responsibility.

Provided that you make all this quite clear then I can't see a problem. HTH

I would say that as all you will be doing is a demo you'll be fine. It is up to them to get the proper training and insurance and not your responsibility.

Provided that you make all this quite clear then I can't see a problem. HTH
I agree with Adele, I would go armed with info about training and where these peeps could go to get trained up! xx

Latest posts

Back