Cost of a nail course help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

S0PHIE

Reaction score
Hi all, I want to do a complete nail course, iv done some research and not sure what to do. Go with sallys and pay £700 or go with cnd and spend £1995? I dont want to waste £700 if its not all the, and dont want to spend £1995 if i dont need to? hhhmm THANX

Hi, If you do a search there will be loads of info on sallys courses and CND courses! From my personal experience, I would say CND all the way! Lots of positive comments on cnd training and I am currently on the cnd complete course and find the course is worth every single penny! There is also a group you can check out of all ladies that are currently on the cnd complete!
Salon Geek - CND Complete Course Geeks
HTH :)

I dont want to waste £700 if its not all the....

not all the.... what?!!

what are you wanting to do a course for? Are you wanting to start your own business, get a job in a salon? Do you know which products you want to work with when you qualify. Have your factored in the kit costs if you do the Sally course (CND course kit is provided)? Which Sally's course? - what does it cover?

There are lot's of threads on training so it's worth doing a search of the forums and doing a bit of reading so you can get a bit more focus as to what it is you want to know.

You say you want to do a Complete course .. the only company i know that provides that is CND .... the Sallys course is definitely not in any way shape or form a comprehensive course.

Look at the differences carefully. And I do advise you to ring CND/ Sweet Squared on 08452106060 and talk to one of the advisors there who are so nice and so helpful and friendly and will answer all your questions with patience and understanding. x

Hi all, I want to do a complete nail course, iv done some research and not sure what to do. Go with sallys and pay £700 or go with cnd and spend £1995? I dont want to waste £700 if its not all the, and dont want to spend £1995 if i dont need to? hhhmm THANX

with CND you get all your kit, i doubt you get that with Sallys....CND is by far more value for money xx

Hi Sophie,
Two things to think about, firstly I'd bet everything I own that the products at CND are far superior to those you'd be using with Sally's. When you are training you need to pinpoint the problem areas. You need to know it is your method or application that is the problem, not the product. With CND you know that, if you encounter problems it's technique or prep, not the products letting your down. Secondly, I have heard a few people complain about Sally's courses on here, or regret going to them. I have never yet read anyone complain about or regret their CND training, and I think that says a lot.

Good luck making your choices but I think you would benefit from a lot of research on here before you settle on either xx

Thanx Natalie I will defo check out the group! :)

Was ment to say- not all that!
I am a successful mobile hairdresser, and would like to offer more to my clients. Iv been doing hair for 18yrs. Ive worked in many great salon and travelled with my job, and I believe it's that experience that's allowed me to be successful today! I know nothing about nails and get the feeling if I go for the cheaper course I'd be wasting money! My only other concern is the cost of the cnd products, as I am mobile and won't be charging salon prices?

The Sally's course is £370 plus vat. And then you need to buy the kit also. I think it works out about £700. I will defo give that no a call thanx for that!!!

Pixie beauty-you hit the nail on the head I need to no that it's my technique and not the product, I use top product for a mobile hairdresser-as I think there's a difference. (Think i just answered my own question). The last thing I want to do is lose existing clients-thats a concern for me!

This is my first ever post and I'd like to say thanx very much for all the advise. 👍😊

It depends where you are, if you're in London, go with the Nails and Beauty Academy, they're great(I went there):- Nail Courses | Nails and Beauty Academy

I would love to do the CND complete course too, its just i dont have a spare £2000 to hand.

Im booked on a spray tanning course start of July and I hoping to save the mony i make from that so I can do the nail course.

Its a shame they dont offer a finance plan :(

But if you have the money go with the best :)

Well firstly let me just tell you how fabulous Sally's is!!! Haha NOT.

They are the worst training company somebody could ever go with. I waisted my money big time!! I did L&P and paid 270 plus vat and kit with sallys worked out about 600ish. They never taught gel or shallac or any kind of soak of gel.

The certificate was Abso crap if you look back through my posts threads you'll see what I've Said. I wih I had just savedmy money an gone with CND. I've not done the course but have here nothing but positives. It is a lot of many hence my hesitation. As its not just £1995 that's plus vat too do £2,400 but I have the money now and as soon as I pluck up the courage I'm going to book it. Good luckxxx

Hi I'm also a mobile hairdresser and worked in a salon for 10 years and decided to train in beauty and must say its the best thing I done for myself and my clients if I go to a clients home they can have their beauty treatment do e when their colour is on etc obviously the cost of cnd is a lot but I'm sure is worth it but if it's not possible you could look into training with nsi they have great products and are well known so could look at them xx

I did a complete nail technician course at Phoenix college in Essex which was great. Cost was £1100 but that didn't include any kits, uniform, books. So ended up paying about £2000 anyway.

In my experience, hairdressers make some of the best nail technicians there are!! They understand structure and have a 3 dimensional mind which
is totally necessary to have the Xfactor when doing nails; they also undersatnd the value of the best training. Go hair artists!!!

That's an unfair comment to make. I think its more sensible to branch out and offer more services than just hair. I want to do a massage course, but I'm a nail tech. You go girl!

hi hiri, i think your post was aimed at me but my post was not mean't as a 'comment' just a geniune query.

I have read the replies about doing other treatments whilst color is on and that the skills are complementary -ie you can cut hair + polish at the same time and make more from each appointment! so I think that has answered my question about whether it financially viable to branch out into different areas!

I will take down my originally post as I don't want to be unfair to anyone.

I have to say CND courses are fab, maybe you could look at your local colleges they are a good start. But you will probably want to do some CND after. Once you get the bug you always want to learn more lol xxx

Latest posts

Back