Cost of a wedding

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any recommendations for wedding venues in Northern Ireland and Ireland? :)

Any recommendations for wedding venues in Northern Ireland and Ireland? :)

Try ballyliffin lodge in donegal, Groupon usually has a deal on. Also look at inishowen hotel in buncrana. Was at a wedding there last month. Whereabouts are you? Clandeboye lodge near Bangor is lovely too. My cousin got married there and had reception there too. Food was unreal!

Oo I'll have a look at all of them [emoji4] We're in county Armagh but anywhere in N.I and Ireland is an option!

Have you ever heard of the field of dreams in Bangor? I think that's the name!

what sort of budget you thinking? and what numbers?

for wow factor the Lough Erne Golf resort just outside Enniskillen...

for budget step across the border and get an amazing deal in any of the Donegal hotels - but be careful as they book so far in advance... they are open to being bargaining down and have fabulous packages with amazing prices

what sort of budget you thinking? and what numbers?

for wow factor the Lough Erne Golf resort just outside Enniskillen...

for budget step across the border and get an amazing deal in any of the Donegal hotels - but be careful as they book so far in advance... they are open to being bargaining down and have fabulous packages with amazing prices

I just got married in October and I would say we did everything for under £5000. At first we had a venue but we had to change it so I researched loads of ways we could do it to make it cheaper including village halls etc but I soon found out the cost of catering was very expensive. We chose a small boutique hotel that had a separate function room and were a bit naughty in that we went for a Sunday roast to test the food then approached them and asked if we could do our two course sit down roast and dessert for £20 a head. Which they agreed to and the food was fantastic and very filling. Other options are fish and chip shops that charge around £6.00 a head. We paid for it ourselves and couldn't justify the cost on certain things. Our photographer was a student who did an amazing job and charged just £100. Wedpics is also a brilliant app where guests can upload all the photos to a dedicated page. We had the most amazing day and I wouldn't change anything! Hope this helps xx

I think when you hear someone say 'my wedding cost 25k' your first thought is what an obscene amount to spend on one day. The problem is I would want all the trimmings to make it a special day but I do wonder if I would be able to justify it when that's a nice tidy sum on a house deposit or a good chunk taken off your mortgage.

When my sister got married 10 years ago it cost about 12k. She had a marquee in one of the fields on my family's farm and got married in the village church. A really beautiful day.

I've said to my daughter and son spend the least amount as possible on your wedding and put it towards your house.I can not understand in this day and age spending thousands on one day when it could go on your house deposit.We have been married 25 years got married really cheaply in a registry office,both our parents gave us money towards our house rather than the wedding,most of our friends who had expensive weddings costing thousands with all the trimmings are now divorced and on their second marriages.

My wedding cost a lot.

But really what does it matter? If a wedding costs £500 or £50,000 it's YOUR wedding and how you do it, pay for it, where or when is personal choice.

Just because my wedding was expensive doesn't mean I'm materialistic or shallow. I could of got married in a register office with a £5 ring it would t of mattered, but instead I chose a day with what I wanted.

The cost of my dress could have bought me a holiday in the Maldives, had I seen a £30 dress Off asos I would have bought that.

Surely there's no right or wrong.

The world would be a boring place if we were all the same :) xx

I don't think its really the amount spent, but the percentage of income. I think its frightfully sad that working class people spend such exorbitant sums (sometimes even borrowing money) to create "a special day" which when you get down to it is just an emulation of the practices of the wealthy.

Latest posts

Back