Cost of a wedding

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blossom

Reaction score
This is a bit random but I've just read that the average cost of a wedding these days is £24,000 yes twenty four thousand

Is this true? My daughters are stil in their teens so way too early for them thank goodness but it just made me think.

What do you all think? Anybody know anyone who's recently got married and have any idea of the cost?

You can do it on a budget it depends what you want I guess xx

Totally agree with jody2412......I planned my sisters wedding for her and she had 5k for the whole thing .....she had everything she wanted a designer wedding dress 5 bridesmaids 3 pageboys a church wedding cars photographer dj etc etc what kept the cost down was not having caterers instead we hired a venue and still had a sit down meal but had tesco deliver hot bread rolls all different so they were warm at the time we needed them a butcher delivered platters of meats and we had salads etc ....everyone still talks about that wedding where as my cousin spent £25k on her wedding and although lovely was no better or worse ....so it really does depend ....I cut loads of costs especially with the wedding flowers I told the florist I was doing a bridal fashion show (I kept my fingers crossed) it meant I had to go and collect the flowers but no biggy as the bridal bouquet alone would have cost £125 but by me not saying it was for a wedding I got exactly the same for £30!!!!!......weddings can be at the price you need them to be just think outside the box x

I get married next Friday, we've managed to keep the cost low (around the £5k mark! Still a lot of money for some people) but we are getting married at 4pm, without a sit down meal and instead having sausage/bacon buttys after the church ceremony and then a buffet at the reception :)
We've also got a band, DJ, photobooth, videographer! Lots of little extras :)
Suits were just hired, bridesmaids dresses from ASOS so lots of bargains!
It is possible to do everything reasonable, and always barter with people when they give you a price for something as there is always a bit of wiggle room lol
Xxxx

I am amazed that you can do it for £5000. And super impressed!!

We are going abroad to get married because we would have over 100 guests if we got married here and we just can't afford it. Out of my friends / family that have got married in recent years, I'd say the average has been £20 - £25k!

Wow!!!! Of all the weddings I know, the max is £17k. Mine was 6.5k 4yrs ago x

I got married April this year and altogether it cost £11k and we didn't scrimp on anything. It can be done on a budget, it just depends on what you want x

Whaaa? ? 24k?? For 1 day??? Am sorry but if you need to spend that then you must be off your head!! Jees I would cry even spending 5k on a wedding! Holy f....

I get married in July in the south of France as we thought doing an abroad wedding package would be cheaper than a wedding in the UK but ended up costing us about 15K so far for only 50 guests but I'm sure it will keep creeping up. My dad gave all me and my sisters an open budget for our weddings because he's fortunate enough to be able to but I do think it's more than possible to keep it as minimum as you want/need to [emoji4][emoji106]

Wow really interesting reading such mixed responses!

Is the deal still that the brides parent/s pay for everything?

Ha I wish!

No, but only because my parents couldn't afford it. If they could I'm sure they would and they will probably donate. But no we're paying for it, which is why the budget has to be kept under control. I would love to be able to do it for £5000, i'm just not sure how it's possible.

My wedding only cost £2,500. Church wedding, white dress, bridesmaids, food. I made everything, filled my own favour bags, printed my own service and rolled and tied with ribbons, table decorations. We asked for people to do things as presents, from photographs, food prep, flowers for button holes :) x

It must be do able because they do it on don't tell the bride! I love that program! X

Wow really interesting reading such mixed responses!

My mum & dad paid for my dress. Myself & my husband paid for everything else x

I think it's 10 or 12 thousand not to sure I'm going to google it x

Wikipedia said this

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    171.9 KB · Views: 85
Ours cost 12K. We paid ourselves.

Looking back that is a stupid amount for one day, but you get all caught up in it at the time. X

It must be do able because they do it on don't tell the bride! I love that program! X
hehe I love it too. Even my other half has started it watching it, he's fascinated by it. But he knows I'd never do it!

hehe I love it too. Even my other half has started it watching it, he's fascinated by it. But he knows I'd never do it!
Me too! My other half loves it he's talking to the telly sometimes saying they've messed up! X

Latest posts

Back