Cost of NVQ 2 beauty

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHarvey

Reaction score
Hi all, I have been a hair stylist for 15 years and have always been interested in the beauty side. Have been looking into NVQs in my area but can't seem to find the cost anywhere!! Am looking to do a part time level two then gradually add to my list of treatments with courses etc. I still want to do hair though. Anyone have any idea on the prices I expect to pay and on what if any funding is available to me (I'm 30yo so fear I am beyond apprenticeships lol) am unsure if my manager will help fund me, but he seemed to like the idea of another sting to my bow ;) xx

The part time NVQ level 2 at the main college in my town is about £800-900 and it's 1 year long.. Think you learn in that manicure, pedicure, waxing, makeup and facials.. What treatments are you looking to do a range? X

You really need to speak to the colleges around you. I have two colleges locally, one wanted £1000, the other £450 (and that was the better college!) both part time course for a 'mature' learner. If you already have an NVQ level 2 in any other subject you will not get funding. If you don't then you may be eligible but that depends of personal circumstances (income, benefits etc). HTH xx

My level 2 course would have cost £250 but I didn't have to pay. Then you have to add kit costs on top. But every where is different, another college near me charges over a grand for the course!

Thankyou! Looked into private courses and were £3000 min!! Am interested in skin and waxing side rather then nails but am interested in "alternative" treatments too like Hopi ear candles, aromatherapy but figured I could do that as a when. Am also interested in colonic hydropherapy.
Do you know if you get extra help if you are dyslexic?

We had a few girls that where dyslexic and they had additional support in theory lessons xx

My local college is £1400 plus vat! Get no help towards cost and they only offer full time which i cant do :( so im a bit stuck really!

My local college is £1400 plus vat! Get no help towards cost and they only offer full time which i cant do :( so im a bit stuck really!

This is roughly how much my NVQ beauty course at college was. Plus the cost of kits and uniform etc. I was able to pay monthly though so it didn't feel too bad xxx

Latest posts

Back