Cost per service?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

periwinklebeauty

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I'm just trying to work out how much it is costing me per service, and how much I'm making in profit etc...
But i'm struggling how to work it out for the use of things like barbicide, acetone...
I use acetone to prep the nail and soak of gel polish, I very rarely do acrylic but obviously I would use more when soaking off acrylic

Do you know how i would work this out?

Thanks in advance :)

Barbicide is easy to work out, the recommended dose is on the bottle (iirc it's 50ml) and the bottle holds a litre so thats 20 per bottle - so divide your cost per bottle by 20 x 5 days per week. That will give you your weekly cost, divide that by the average number of clients per week.

Things like acetone, couch roll, disposables, etc. is a bit more difficult unless you keep exact records for a few clients to give you a rough idea. I just tend to add £1.50 to the cost per service provided by the supplier for those products.

Thank you! I've got them from salon services and I have got in touch with them via Facebook and Instagram and no reply.
I use Barbicide in my manicure jar which states to use a lid full and fill with water to the line so I could make more from the bottle so how could I work that out? It's less than a litre, it's between 500-600ml I can't remember exact from the top of my head!

Thank you! I've got them from salon services and I have got in touch with them via Facebook and Instagram and no reply.
I use Barbicide in my manicure jar which states to use a lid full and fill with water to the line so I could make more from the bottle so how could I work that out? It's less than a litre, it's between 500-600ml I can't remember exact from the top of my head!

It will tell you on the side of the bottle how much a 'lid' is and how much to make it up in. You'll use a fresh batch each day, hence the 5 days gives you a weeks worth. I don't use it so can't be specific.

Salon Services won't be able to give you cost per service for disposables, it's impossible to say. I might use 5 sheets of couch roll during a service but you only use 2.

They can give you specifics for a set of extensions, or eyelashes, etc. but not disposables.

Put a sticky label on the product and write the date it was new. Each time you use, mark it. When it is empty count the marks. Price / marks = cost per service for that product.

Latest posts

Back