Costs of renting a nail station vs mobile?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HelloLovely

Reaction score
Hi ladies ,

Originally my intention was to go mobile with my business once I had been and completed my conversion course with CND -my only concern was that I have ME and the thought of carrying the equipment back and forth all day was slightly daunting if I'm honest. This is why I'm considering looking into renting a nail table stationed somewhere ( I may have the opportunity to through a family friend in an already established hair salon) ,but id really like your opinions!

Do any of you rent a nail table or similar within a salon and how do they normally work out charging for the space? is it a set amount for rent? or based on what you earn whilst your working ?

My thoughts are that on the plus side it could potentionally generate a clientele for myself after being out of the industry for some time and It would also mean there wouldn't be such a strain on my body with constantly moving things around?

Thank you in advance !

If any of you have had an experience with renting then I would really appreciate your advice !

I would personally prefer to rent. I currently rent out rooms and couldn't be doing with the percentage share malarkey. I take a set rent every week, if they're there or not and it works well.

The only downside I always see is when people rent and the owner renting the station includes products or when the person renting only wants three days. This is when it can be awkward.

So to actually answer your question lol. If it was me I'd rent. I'd want it full time and I pay x amount and I can come and go as I please. I would keep the owners informed if I was not going to be there and leave lots of business cards or let them know I'd be back at 2 but I'm not busy. Even if I wasn't busy I'd loiter. Clients often do the "can someone paint my nails" and it's always nice to fix it for them.

We lost a client last week simply to poor communication. Client wants nails done. Therapist says we're full but second therapist had finished early and no one knew. Just poor communication.

Don't let them supply products but if you're only using the table part time, take everything home and they can let it other days.

Good luck

Vic x

Latest posts

Back