Costs per treatment

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charl12dance

Reaction score
Hi guys

I know we aren't meant to discuss costs per treatment on here but what I am asking is where did people find out the information for waxing & tinting? For my manicures, pedicures, facials & tanning I've managed to get it from the product company but waxing & tinting I'm stuck. Any info or advice would be most appreciated.

Thank you x

My advice would be to look at local salons by you and how confident you are in your treatments hth xxx

You could always work out your own? May take a while, but list all your products & do a tally chart underneath each time you use a product, & for what treatment. Xx

My advice would be to look at local salons by you and how confident you are in your treatments hth xxx

That's how many people devise their pricing structure, but it depends how you want to work - smarter or harder? Also depends on the products used. Salons local to me use lesser brands and charge £10 less than I. I would rather have less clients (work) for the same amount :)

With regards to working out your Cost per Service, your manufacturer/distributor should be able to help you out for this - I know S2 have that information including how many services are expected from each bottle (remember there are variances such as new techs using too much product, etc).

If they do not have the information, you can work it out yourself.

Remember to include ALL costs - including petrol/rent. If your rent, rates, utilities and marketing, etc are £400 a week, divide this by the hours you want to open per week. For example, 40 would be 400 / 40 = £10/hour ( £2.50 per 15 minutes). This means that it costs you 2.50 per 15 minutes just to stand in your shop.

You then have staffing costs. If you pay staff £10 per hour, this also adds £2.50 per wax per 15 minutes.

Divide your product between the amount of services expected and add it all up. Spatulas per wax (halved? Unhalved?), cotton wool, and so on Heck, even wear and tear on your bed and wax pot.

Remember that you need to add profit for yourself and add this to the costs above.

Costs + staff + product + profit = price per service.

That's how many people devise their pricing structure, but it depends how you want to work - smarter or harder? Also depends on the products used. Salons local to me use lesser brands and charge £10 less than I. I would rather have less clients (work) for the same amount :)

With regards to working out your Cost per Service, your manufacturer/distributor should be able to help you out for this - I know S2 have that information including how many services are expected from each bottle (remember there are variances such as new techs using too much product, etc).

If they do not have the information, you can work it out yourself.

Remember to include ALL costs - including petrol/rent. If your rent, rates, utilities and marketing, etc are £400 a week, divide this by the hours you want to open per week. For example, 40 would be 400 / 40 = £10/hour ( £2.50 per 15 minutes). This means that it costs you 2.50 per 15 minutes just to stand in your shop.

You then have staffing costs. If you pay staff £10 per hour, this also adds £2.50 per wax per 15 minutes.

Divide your product between the amount of services expected and add it all up. Spatulas per wax (halved? Unhalved?), cotton wool, and so on Heck, even wear and tear on your bed and wax pot.

Remember that you need to add profit for yourself and add this to the costs above.

Costs + staff + product + profit = price per service.

Hi linzi

Thank you for your help. Yes I have worked out how I need to make an hour to cover all running costs. I hadn't thought about spatulas and cotton wool! So thank you for bringing that to my attention. How did you work out how much wax you use per treatment for each type of treatment?

Latest posts

Back