Could anyone give advice with client issue

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shikari-78

Reaction score
Right her is the thing.a hair stylist at the salon i work in has 16 years experience with never any issues. A client came in for foils who ended up having root bleach
Her base was a warm 8 but further down the hair had some banding. Client stated her hair was thick it wasnt thick on top it was thinner than the bottom half The stylist did 9% 35 mins no heat and a grey toner 3% 10mins , client had no issues with products didnt complain had no discomfort her hair was in lovely condition ,left happy as larry hair was a lovely silvery grey colour .2 n half hours after leaving she messaged the salon page saying her head had blistered she sent photos.
The client was advised to come in the next day to see the stylist.
Anyway 6 hrs after her first message she messaged the salon page again saying her hair was falling out sent a video her head looked red and there is another persons hands on her head with a tube of savlon. She then messaged again in the morning saying she couldnt come in at the time she was ment to as she had been to a&e all night and the nurse had told her it was a chemical burn and to apply savlon and if it got worse to go and see her gp.
Finally she came in today her burnt scalp on the crown of her head the blisters were dry and crusty , what is baffling is from the pictures she sent thurs evening to what everyone saw today u would of thought that it was done over a week ago. The client said she experienced a bit of iching when the bleach went on then nothing, looking at her her which she hasnt washed since thurs shes yellow blonde now with a few bits of silver grey she also said today that her gp was monitoring her bloody peassure as she had a high reading. The stylist gave her , her money back and gave her a voucher for further treatments everyone at work gave her a big hug and she left all this is on cctv She emailed again saying shes bringing the voucher back because she doesnt want further treatments.which is fine. The stylist messaged the client and said her know the out come of the blood pressure monitoring she was really nice through the ordeal.
The stylist is now worried the client will sue her due to whats happen.
But would her high reading bloody pressure reading effect the bleach process on her head ?
And was the a&e nurse right into advising the client to apply savlon to a chemical burn ? Would the blisters dry up so quicklyin the space of nearlly 2 days

Usually 9% isn't recommended for on scalp applications of bleach... Because of the added heat from the scalp the whole process is much more aggressive. Also was the bleach washed out correctly? If it hasn't been washed since and its gone yellow, I would ask myself was there still traces of bleach left in the hair and putting a toner on, with the developer energising the bleach slightly. I wonder if that's the case, the bleach has continued to work, and eat away at the skin causing blisters and the hair causing breakage?

Yes the bleach was washed out properley 2 washes her hair apparently came out at the scalp after 6 hours with savlon on her head x

Yes the bleach was washed out properley 2 washes her hair apparently came out at the scalp after 6 hours with savlon on her head x
Was a strand test done?

Yes it was fine
Also her condition of her hair after treatment was fine nice and soft not brittle or damaged

Yes it was fine
Also her condition of her hair after treatment was fine nice and soft not brittle or damaged
Was an anti oxy conditioner used?

The client said she experienced a bit of iching when the bleach went on then nothing,

All sounds a bit fishy to me. However, the fact she has admitted that her scalp felt itchy with the product on but didn’t say anything at the time, won’t help her case because you simply explain that the hairdresser would have washed off the product immediately if the client had said something at the time.

Make sure in future that the hairdresser reads the instructions supplied with the bleach product. They are regularly updating the formulas and the accompanying instructions. Some are not meant to be used on the scalp at all and the rest usually state a max developer of 6%.

To my mind, any hairdressers that insist that clients should expect their head to itch/suffer pain when having a scalp bleach deserves to be sued!

Latest posts

Back