could it be MMA?????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rockchik

Reaction score
Hi all well i did 2 rebalnces last week(well i did a lot more ) but these particular 2 had had there nails done elsewhere and had come to me for a rebalance. Whilst i was filing the acrylic smelt a little fishy could this be mma they had had there nails done 4 wks previous and they hadnt budged
Also 1 had had them done in Antiga and the other one the girl that had done them said she had purchased her products off the internet.

Well Hun,
the smell is suspect.......
Was the product hard to file?????
Fishy smell, or Cat pee smell (sorry) is usualy a good indication that MMA is involved...............

Getting her stock from the internet ????
Well it's not CREATIVE then..................
When you buy from the internet it could be all sorts (not Licorice)....
Also I have found, when I have seen MMA on nails, it does tend to take on a nice shade of amber after being on the nails and exposed to UV like in sunshine or Sunbeds.................
Also was the prep rough ???? Lots of roughing up the nail plate, so the mma will stick good and propper lol ????

love Ruth xxxxxxxx

Yes the product was hard to file and the nails were quite pinky looking thanks for your reply think i got my answer!!

Is MMA something that can be soaked off? :oops:
The reason I ask that is because of a few.....well "unconventional" nail bars.....(unconventional in the sense that the only words spoken in English or understood for that matter relate to payment!!) have produced work that I have seen and been asked to remove and it seems an almost impossible task.

There is a very definite fishy smell to the product when I have filed it and it seems to be applied in the most thickiest of fashion!!!!! Not "tres chic" at all!
As I dont "do" acrylics (im saving the pennies to learn tho!) Im puzzled by these salons. Probably beacause I just dont really have any info on the stuff they use. They offer extensions at quite a costly price! I thought that they offered relatively cheap enhancements? (price wise.....quality seems to speak for itself!) due to the product cost being comparitively low.
The vast amount of clients they have are actually condemning the practices used but there are still many more completely hooked on the virtual indestructability of them.
My sis in law works in a local A & E dept and has seen some horrific results of their almost welded on enhancements!

Can anyone help me learn some more about this stuff....MMA? I would like to know a little more about it really especially as these salons are popping up all over the place now!
Thanks in advance peeps!

Hi Jacky

Lucky you, you have just come across your first taste (euw!) of MMA! Yes it does smell fishy and yes it does soak off with acetone.........eventually! Nasty, nasty stuff.

The best thing you can do is:

a) go to the 'Links' section on the board (top left hand corner) and click on 'Search'. Type in MMA and a list of postings talking about MMA.

b) go to 'Links' section and click on novels. Geek has written a novel on MMA - very interesting read

c) click on the blue highlighted 'MMA' within this post.

Have fun
Adele

Hi Jacky,
if you want to go one step further on MMA, you could get in touch with the Nail Manufacturers Council. www.americanbeautyassociation.org, they will send you out leaflets to give to your clients warning them of the dangers.

Hi Jacky,
if you want to go one step further on MMA, you could get in touch with the Nail Manufacturers Council. www.americanbeautyassociation.org, they will send you out leaflets to give to your clients warning them of the dangers.

sorry guys, thought it wouldnt let me post now i`m being greedy

Hiya..........Thanx for your replies Del and Deb!
I think I will get those leaflets you know......they will be really useful
8)
Cheers!

xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back