Council coming out to home salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarasparkles201

Reaction score
Hi geeks i had applied to my council for a home salon, i have just had a phone call to let me know i am getting a visit tomorrow from my housing officer.

He had a couple of questions , but i answered that over the phone.

I am now worrying myself about this, i have my msds, and insurance in place.

I have not got the room set up as im still sorting it out in there and its not ready, any ideas as to what he may want to see?

I'm sure it will just be routine, I had to apply for permission to put a shower in, x

Im rather worried about it, but fingers crossed its just a quick check looks like busy day tomorrow for me x

It's probably just to check for access and that there won't be parking problems. Try not to worry.

Thanks for your reply i hope its straight forward x

You will be fine, the council have to do everything by the book so I'm sure you will be ok :) good luck x x

it is usually to see if there will be parking or access issues for your neighbours, dont worry too much,

if you can show that you will use the room for other things ie an office/spare bedroom you will not need a licence!just a thought x

Thanks for all your replys i am also using the room as a spare room to i have told them this, but fingers crossed its nothing to worry about x

Don't under estimate I had to get a sink put in, emergency lighting and pay £300 a year. If you do permanent make up, derma roller, or electrolysis it is harder to obtain.

Don't under estimate I had to get a sink put in, emergency lighting and pay £300 a year. If you do permanent make up, derma roller, or electrolysis it is harder to obtain.

Very council have different regulations, I didn't need a sink, my bathroom is opposite, and I do electrolysis and never got any problems. Don't worry they will advise you if you need any of the above. Don't be put off I thought that it wasn't that bad,

Hi there, I would be interested to know how your visit went. I have just got my licence through my council but they did not want to visit, but could do at any time. I had some really good advise from the woman I spoke to and she covered everything they could possibly want to know or see. Please let us know how it went, I hope all was OK!
AVW

Yes let us no how you got on? Sure all went well x x

Hi geeks, well i had my visit and to be honest it wasnt worth him coming out!

He asked me the same two questions again and i gave him the same answer, he said he cant see a problem with it, but he has to wait for the planning department to get back to him,and the roads department.

He did say that its an old system and this is why its taking so long but i can expect an answer in a few days time.

He never asked to see my insurance or msds, or my certificates, even my business mentor was here when came out and she said the visit was pointless, but he was told to come out and check to see if there would be parking issues which there isnt.

Also as i am using my spare bedroom for nails, it will also still be used as a bedroom as i am putting a sofa bed in there.

Hi geeks, well i had my visit and to be honest it wasnt worth him coming out!

He asked me the same two questions again and i gave him the same answer, he said he cant see a problem with it, but he has to wait for the planning department to get back to him,and the roads department.

He did say that its an old system and this is why its taking so long but i can expect an answer in a few days time.

He never asked to see my insurance or msds, or my certificates, even my business mentor was here when came out and she said the visit was pointless, but he was told to come out and check to see if there would be parking issues which there isnt.

Also as i am using my spare bedroom for nails, it will also still be used as a bedroom as i am putting a sofa bed in there.

Hmm, sounds like the council!!! Well like I said they just doing it by the book I'm sure you will be ok, keep us updated x x

Hi lila22 i will do x

Hi all i finally found out today that i have been given permission to work from home, im so excited about it x

Hi all i finally found out today that i have been given permission to work from home, im so excited about it x

Ahhh that's great congratulations :) show us the pics when your all set up and ready to go, so pleased for you, all the best for your future x x x

Thanks i have a few conditions i have to keep to, but nothing that will be a nightmare to deal with im really excited about it x

Thanks i have a few conditions i have to keep to, but nothing that will be a nightmare to deal with im really excited about it x

I bet you are, it's great news. Would love to set up a room like that, hopefully one day I will ;) x x

Good luck for when you do x

Latest posts

Back