Couple of questions about Gelish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

annabelm

Reaction score
I have used Gelish before and been reading up on tips on here and I was wondering, can you apply extensions with Gelish like you can with Calgel?

Also I have a problem with the french Gelish: when I put the white on (before the pink) the white tends to run down the nail, I tend to get a clean gel brush and wipe away the part thats run to get the smile line but I was wondering:
1. why does it happen?
2. what can I do to stop it from happening?

Many thanks in advance

Annabel :biggrin:

I have used Gelish before and been reading up on tips on here and I was wondering, can you apply extensions with Gelish like you can with Calgel?

Also I have a problem with the french Gelish: when I put the white on (before the pink) the white tends to run down the nail, I tend to get a clean gel brush and wipe away the part thats run to get the smile line but I was wondering:
1. why does it happen?
2. what can I do to stop it from happening?

Many thanks in advance

Annabel :biggrin:

Gelish is more of a polish than an enhancement product so its a no to using it for extensions. The do have a Gelish structure gel than can be used to add a little stength and and a mm or two of length if needed. Personally, i use either the reveal gel or fusion l&p if i need to add length and then apply the gelish.

With the running white, are you dry brushing your base coat? It will give a nice sticky surface for the white to grip to and stops the running better. Just use a clean gel brush to wipe the base coat after curing, pay special attention to the free edge for french. If you still have trouble, you could try freeze curing the whites by popping them into the lamp after you've done a couple of nails, just for a few seconds to hold in place, and then curing for the correct time when you have completed all 4 xx

Gelish is more of a polish than an enhancement product so its a no to using it for extensions. The do have a Gelish structure gel than can be used to add a little stength and and a mm or two of length if needed. Personally, i use either the reveal gel or fusion l&p if i need to add length and then apply the gelish.

With the running white, are you dry brushing your base coat? It will give a nice sticky surface for the white to grip to and stops the running better. Just use a clean gel brush to wipe the base coat after curing, pay special attention to the free edge for french. If you still have trouble, you could try freeze curing the whites by popping them into the lamp after you've done a couple of nails, just for a few seconds to hold in place, and then curing for the correct time when you have completed all 4 xx

Hi, thanks for the advice. this might sound a bit silly but can you explain fusion l&p??

Thanks

Annabel

Hi, thanks for the advice. this might sound a bit silly but can you explain fusion l&p??

Thanks

Annabel

Harmony's Fusion liquid and powder. More commonly called acrylic but described as liquid and powder as all enhancement products are a form of acrylic. Hope that helps :) xx

Latest posts

Back