couple of things..

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlegrohl

Reaction score
I have an on going issue with one of my own nails.. Seems i have a dent on the Nail plate that will not.. no matter what i do "take" the product..:confused:
I am using OPI Clarite' ATM and havnt come across this before...

Most of my clients are girls who have been with me since the beginning.. who i have "introduced" to enhancements by way of offering free/cost sets so i could practise..practise.. practise!! I have never thankfully damaged their plates and apart from the odd bad blending of zones or touching the skin, some lifting and chasing the file line have had a pretty smooth run with them!

Not so with my own.. I am a bit rougher with mine.. and while practising filing on top of the lift i had ..i think ..i filed into my NN and left a red indentation.. :irked:
after doing a rebalance everything looked fine.. but then i smacked my hand on the wall ((taking off my kids trousers!!)) and it lifted off the area of concern..
so i filed it down ((again)) ((you will be pleased to know i no longer chase the line thanks to Gigi's wonderful advice)) so now on one hand i have a nail ready to be prepped for a rebalance

I rang my friend and fellow tech Lisa and she said to triple prime the area, I use primer very sparingly and just wondered if perhaps i should leave it be for a bit.. use my cuticle oil and fill it during my next rebalnce rather then put it through anymore stress?? any advice would be great!
Thanks geeks!

On a side note.. I recieved my Creative retention+ Starter kit to take with me to the conversion course i am starting next month.. I Soooooo want to play with it!! Is it a good idea to "have a go" or wait till i start the course?? Help my wandering fingers to stay away from the box if thats needed.. but i cant wait to work with the product.. and surely a set on myself would be ok?? Or will i work with it wrong and confuse my poor brain?? I remember i did the same thing with the Clarite and was sure i was sold a dud because it didnt seem to "set" untill i sat down 1 on 1 with the lady and she explained the roll off tecnique..:eek:.. what say you geeks??

Oh and sorry this is so long.. :o

when i was practising on my nails i did the same thing and this also wouldn't take product without lifting after a day or so....there was nothing i could do until the damaged area had grown out.

over filing and causing thinning of the nail plate can cause pocket lifting...the product just cant adhere in the same way as it does on a healthy nail.

Ohh and as far as i know over priming can also cause lifting.

:irked: so what do you think my options are??
should i soak it off and leave it be?? perhaps tip and blend it with a top coat of clear polish of Gel Top coat?? It would be good to know should i ever come across this on a client.. rather then send them off knowing its going to lift...
:smack: I could kick myself for being so clumsy!!.. I'm just a bit too "nail vain" to go around with one bare nail.. I'm looking at it now and can feel it mocking me!:eek:

you can overlay it by all means...but you would just have to maintain it more often. I did mine once a week till it eventually grew out and stopped lifting.

you can overlay it by all means...but you would just have to maintain it more often. I did mine once a week till it eventually grew out and stopped lifting.

This usually works for me also, just maintain it, it will stop lifting.:lol:

Latest posts

Back