Course accreditation

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ibrowtime

Reaction score
HI,
Afternoon all.
Just wondered if someone may be able to give me a little advice. For a long period of time now I have been working toward becoming an accredited teacher/course in a particular subject (eyebrows)
So I have passed my level 3 aet teaching qualification and I am now at the stage where I need to get my course accredited.
I wondered if anyone had any advice/tips for me going forward. I have been looking at the abt accreditation and the guilds. Only thing putting me off the guild is the fact that each student needs to member up with them directly and fell that this may well put potential students off signing up.

Has anyone else been through this process?

Thanks in advance

Any advice would be appreciated guys?
Thanks.

Hello

I’ve been looking at the same thing, I’ve been fitting hair extensions for years and I start award in education training tomorrow, I would like to teach hair extensions in my salon.
I emailed ABT and they were very helpful answering any questions I had and emailed me with what I would require for accreditation.
This is what they said:

‘For an accreditation application we require the following:

1. Completed application form
  2. Detailed lesson plans with timings, max attendees and any prerequisites
  3. Manuals (to include: H&S, A&P, contraindications/actions, step by step etc)
  4. Sample certificates
  5. Tutor certificates including teaching qualification (PTLLS/AET or equivalent) and a recognised/accredited qualification in what they are teaching.
  6. ABT Insurance cover that includes cover in the treatments being taught and a teaching extension (Please ask for further info if insured elsewhere)
  7. Payment
  1. Up to 10 courses £250
  2. Up to 15 courses £400
  3. Up to 20 courses £500
  4. Over 20 courses £600
*Please note the above pricing matrix is for the initial application. Once the initial accreditation is accepted, additional courses are prices as below.
  1. Adding courses once accredited £40 per course
Important note: We do not accredit or insure distance learning courses.’

They also sent me a link to the application form and terms and conditions: http://abtinsurance.co.uk/Accredited-Company-Forms.html

I haven’t looked at the guild so can’t help with them sorry.
I hope this helps and good luck

Really appreciate this. I am going to apply for both guild and ABT. I have started my manuals and will keep you informed of how I go on. Let me know how you get on and if you need any help with anything.

thans again

Please keep me updated and Thankyou!

Hi I’m currently building all the above information, does anyone know if there is a generic H&S manual inc all contraindications etc anywhere or do we have to rewrite all that alongside the lesson plans? It seems silly to write all the h&s stuff when it’s quite generic? Thanks xx

Hi, I know it’s been a while since op posted but I’m currently starting my manuals & have no idea where to start! What have you included in your manuals?
Xx

you'd think they'd be generic text we could all use so the standards are the same!?!

you'd think they'd be generic text we could all use so the standards are the same!?!
You can go with the GTI courses of the guild which means you are using their manuals so that way you are using the same standard :)

just submitted manual. fingers crossed. lets wait and see

Try Professional Beauty Direct :)

Latest posts

Back