Course recommendation

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samanthaleigh

Reaction score
Hello All,

I am a burlesque performer who works primarily on evenings and weekends. This gives me Monday-Wednesday (occasional thursday) free which I would like to utilize and learn another skill. Having an interest and good knowledge of beauty already from my performing background (I'm the sort of person that looks up NVQ level 2 methods on youtube to do on myself) I would like to train to become a beauty therapist.

I have short and long-term goals. Short being to train in nouveau lashes and bio sculpture gel nails and set up a mobile therapist smaller business (Please recommend other brands/training facilities if you deem them of a higher standard) and long-term being one day when I'm tired of tassel twirling, to open my own salon and become a business owner.

I am based in East London but happy to drive within reason for the right college course and my question is what courses/colleges would people recommend? Am I right in thinking that an NVQ level 2 is deemed a higher standard than a diploma? And that a college course is deemed a higher standard than a fast track option? I'm finding it very difficult to find training that I know is of an excellent quality. I know what I expect as a customer and want to emulate that as a business so any advice on fantastic places to train/how to train would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Samantha x

Hi Samantha I would recommend any form of level 2 but try and get recommendations for training places. Some councils will only allow you to work and open a salon now with a minimum level 2 and if you ever wanted to go into a salon, it’s recognised. I wouldn’t employ someone with just short courses as their training.

There are a few good add ons you could do such as spray tanning, nails etc.

Good luck

Vic x

Latest posts

Back