Course rip off...What do I do??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
get devious... get a friend to book on her course, get the details of where she'll be... follow her.. you know Magnum PI kinda stuff

oh dear i really must go to bed:lol:

Hi I have taken this woman to court, she filed what she called a defence when all it was was a pack of lies i even supplied all my family phone bills and mobile bills as she accused me of spending all my time on my mobile phone and she claimed that i left the course early because i missed my kids, the court found the calim in my favour, a bailiff has called at her business premises and i have been informed that she isnt there and no one knows where she is, but i am noto it, i have a couple of people enquiring about her courses, i am also going to go down there one day with a camera and photograph her going into the place, I will not let this go, that woman is raking it in by duping innocent people, I wrote to watchdog but as i was the only complaint at the time, they couldnt really d anything, now there are more, maybe thy should write into watchdog too and they can track the devious swindler down for us. I am going to leave as many public messages on sites about her, as i can, it is all fact, no lies, she cannot sue me for slander and if she comes out of the woodwork to do that, we have her and then she can cough up. I would advise anyone to take legal action against her but after £275 of court costs, I still dont have my money back yet, but I am not giving up, if there are anymore women or men out there that have had a run in with ******* and training also known as *****, also known as ********, also known as *******, please let me know, we can try to find her between us and get our money back and hopefully stop her from ripping more people off. What upsets me more was that I used my family's savings for that course as it was going to be my new career, that doesnt sit well with me at all.

wow just read this and am disgusted !! cant believe people operate like this at all ,
really hope everyone who they have dealt with gets their money back xxx

Hi I have taken this woman to court,

christ I didnt realise there was so much on that woman nor aware that her so called business had so many names!!! I am definitly looking into what to do next I will put a thread up onto the next stage....Its completely shocking what she is doing to totally sympathise with anyone who has had a run in with her.

Thanks for the support everyone!!

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

I cannot believe what I am reading in this thread :eek:! Your hair extension course has cost almost as much as my beauty training!

I really hope you get this all sorted all of you who have been conned :hug:.

Hi, I posted my problem on a site called WWW.UKHAIRDRESSER.COM where the person in question is a member. Unfortunately it was removed, so I have just reposted it I have also contacted the site warning them of her fraudulent behaviour, pointing out that if they need proof, I can provide that for them, see how long it takes for them to take that post down this time.
The more people that come forward, the more humph we will have. I am also going to be writing to the papers down in Northampton, the local papers so they can run the warning if they wish. I would hate for anyone else to lose their hard earned money, it is distressing enough being on her badly run courses but to lose that amount of money aswell, makes it worse, I have actually had a break down over this.

Hi, I posted my problem on a site called WWW.UKHAIRDRESSER.COM where the person in question is a member. Unfortunately it was removed, so I have just reposted it I have also contacted the site warning them of her fraudulent behaviour, pointing out that if they need proof, I can provide that for them, see how long it takes for them to take that post down this time.
The more people that come forward, the more humph we will have. I am also going to be writing to the papers down in Northampton, the local papers so they can run the warning if they wish. I would hate for anyone else to lose their hard earned money, it is distressing enough being on her badly run courses but to lose that amount of money aswell, makes it worse, I have actually had a break down over this.
I looked at a website for this company. It seems pretty extensive. Surely one must be able to track her down. She can't just disappear into thin air can she?

I honestly hope you get this sorted satisfactorily. By the way, the above link is not working for me. It says web page not available?

I had actually thought about going to the local papers........will help out if you need any

I had actually thought about going to the local papers........will help out if you need any
If Watchdog need more than one complaint to air an apparent con on TV, then why don't you geeks all band together with your stories and see if they are willing to help you?

Whilst I understand your frustration and the need to name and shame, please refrain from doing it here.

The last thing we want is for the site to be implicated in any potential lawsuit.

Any specific name references will be removed.

I give up, the reason people get away with this and live a life of luxury is because they are shielded by people. I hope everyone gets their money back from her and that they take the matter further so she is held accountable for her illegal actions, as for me, I am tired of getting nowhere when following the law to the letter.

She wouldnt be able to bring a lawsuit against me, what I am saying is 100% fact, I have all the proof and the court ruling, none of this is fabricated and I am sure that the other girls that have lost their money to this woman can back this up. It is a shame that she seems to be protected as the perpertrator of this ongoing fraud, unsuspecting women will still book onto her courses and lose money, I wish that there was something that I could have read about concerning this woman before I gave her my family savings.
The law stands for nothing it seems when these fraudsters are comitting their crimes on a regular basis, it is also a shame that we are not allowed to warn others against it, meanwhile she will still be duping people and taking their money with no intention of giving it back even when taken to court!
Such a shame but then until you have lost that amount of money yourself, you couldnt even begin to understand the frustration of knowing that she is still doing this and still ruining peoples dreams of a new career aswell as draining their bank accounts, but hey ho! thats why these sort of people get away with it, the victims get no protection but the perpertrator always does. No wonder she is rich and walsk round in designer suits and shoes, sorry is that material for a lawsuit???
I know I have posted in response to your dilemma, as I really do empathize, but what Naturalnails is saying is that to openly/publicly name the person here on this site, is not the right place to do it. Perhaps rather keep that to private messages as this is an internationl public forum.

You have bought this to the attention of many geeks here and it seems that some of you have already shared information privately because you have been affected by this. This is fine and I really hope you do all get it sorted soon :hug:. Just don't publicly name and shame. Rather deal with it through the correct legal channels.

Hiya....I just want to clear myself here....I am aware of the geek commandments and stick to them, I actually thought I had cleverly/discreetly worded this thread and pm'd the relevent geeks when it came to actually naming the company.....this thread had been bumped up recently (I never expected it to get this response) So apologies....I feel guilty cos it was originally started by me but I never mentioned the comapanies name or the trainers name!! :eek::eek:

Hiya....I just want to clear myself here....I am aware of the geek commandments and stick to them, I actually thought I had cleverly/discreetly worded this thread and pm'd the relevent geeks when it came to actually naming the company.....this thread had been bumped up recently (I never expected it to get this response) So apologies....I feel guilty cos it was originally started by me but I never mentioned the comapanies name or the trainers name!! :eek::eek:

is this the same woman who also sold you your website? x

is this the same woman who also sold you your website? x

:eek::eek::eek::eek: YESSSSSS!!!

Long time no hear EllaX!!!! Hope your doing good these days!!

hi toni lee and other victims,

did you pay for this online? you can go to consumer rights and do everything by email. but they will probably tell you to contact trading standards. You generally get a reply within a week and its free impartial advice. They ask for names, dates, times, venues etc, so have all of that handy ready to type in.

you have also got citizens advice.

another suggestion is the Daily Mirror runs a feature once a week on being ripped off and will investigate it for you. If you could get everyones emails and when you contact them let them know that their is x amount of other people that you know about and here is their contact email, they may take you up on it.

you all need to go for it! fighting spirit to the forefront.

btw is the same venue used everytime? they could verify you're bookings, more proof.

I have gone to Northampton this afternoon, where a property is registered as being the training school, but it isnt the one in Corby, it has recently (in September) been closed down by bailiffs on behalf of the 'landlady' but the company that we are trying to track down (mentioning no names) comes up as the company trading from there now, although the signs are not up yet. I am contacting the bailiff who posted this statement in the window of the shop because if the woman who has duped us, is indeed the landlady, they will be able to point us in the right direction. I would urge anyone affected to contact watchdog though. If anyone wants to keep in touch with me for any info that I manage to get, PM me and I will let you have my email address, I dont want to risk this site being taken offline if I slip up again.

I may have some important information, which would mean that we could all manage to get a refund if my sources are correct, I need to do more checking first but when I am 100% sure I will let you know if you are interested.

I may have some important information, which would mean that we could all manage to get a refund if my sources are correct, I need to do more checking first but when I am 100% sure I will let you know if you are interested.

Thats fantastic Jane......if anyone has any experience with this company or thinks they have please pm myslef or jane.......

Thanks for the support geeks will keep you updated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back