Course rip off...What do I do??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
really hope you ll get a refund , xxx

thanks me too.....in a HUGE way!!!!

Oh my god, this is terrible:irked::cry:. Well I hope that it all works out in the end for you and I will keep my fingers, legs, eyes, etc crossed for you. There really are some terrible people out there.

Good luck and I hope you all get your money back soon. :hug:

Oh my god, this is terrible:irked::cry:. Well I hope that it all works out in the end for you and I will keep my fingers, legs, eyes, etc crossed for you. There really are some terrible people out there.

Good luck and I hope you all get your money back soon. :hug:

Same here good luck to you all :hug: x

Hi
If you paid by credit card you may be able to make a claim against your credit card company if something you bought with your card is not of satisfactory quality or ‘as described’
I think that the "as described" part refers to you
Remember Under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act, the card company is ‘jointly and severally liable’. This means it is equally responsible along with the retailer or trader for the goods or service, and you can contact the card company to sort out your problem.

unfortunately i paid by debit card and they cant give me a refund.

Was there ever an outcome to this girls? I have JUST paid my deposit - and taken out a LOAN to do this course... On thr faith of a good review... But now i see all this and i am freaking out.

A lady phoned me at weekend saying she had been ripped off by the same company and had paid £2,500 in October and was still waiting to be trained, she was angry because she is opening her hair salon soon, and the lady keeps saying she will arrive and then doesn't. It is so sad to hear these stories and students should log onto the HABIA website to see which companies are HABIA APPROVED, and fully qualified tutors ie: City and Guilds Certificated, so that they know the company they are training with are an ok company. Also always look for the full name and address details and landline contact phone number.

I work for A HAIR EXTENSION TRAINING COMPANY and we have now had 4 students who have given us similar horror stories, of having money taken off them by rogue companies and either not had training or only been part trained, and being shown how to do hair extensions by unqualified tutors or unregistered companies will make any insurance you get NUL AND VOID when you make a claim, so please take a look on the HABIA SITE, its an independent site, and there are a list of companies who are approved training providers.

These rogue traders must be stopped. Trading Standards should be able to help hopefully.

Last edited:
I finally tracked down the course I had trained with, albeit through posing as being interested in training so I could speak to the woman in question....however fair play to her she handled it incredibly well!!

She apologised for the delay in sending my certificates and portfolio, blamed problems with laptops breaking and loosing contacts, which I accepted.

She has agreed to re fresh my training on the two chosen techniques I felt weaker on instead of training me in 2 more techniques (which I had paid for but not completed)

She has given me the access to the website I paid her to design for me ( I didnt have this previously and couldnt get in touch with her)

She has sent me her e book as promised a year ago

but to be honest I was more than happy with the apology, explanation and resolve!! I now feel my money was not wasted and I can move from this and start practicing again!!

Thanks to all the geeks who replied with ideas, advise and support, the power of the geek is FABULOUS!!

Thanks to The Brow Queen for trying to help me.

Everyones support was very much appriciated.:hug:

I feel this thread is now resolved and should therefore be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back