Courses In beauty

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RebekahsBeauty

Reaction score
Hello i have another question.

Ive taken my training in my spray tan. And id like to venture out more on learning new things in the beauty industry.

So does anyone know of any home learning or people that come to you to teach any beauty courses such as waxing, eyebrow/eyelash treatments, makeup , massage etc etc

thank u for all ur help xxx

If you go to the professional guild of beauty website there is a list of good training, the venues and dates available for training hth

thanks a bunch hun.... really good website x

I would suggest as you're only 16, go to college and study full time!! you will be able to learn all aspects of Beauty Therapy and health and safety, at a steady pace. Whilst also practicing over a longer period of time.

Plus, you will get college education free at the moment i wold guess. Any other courses you will pay alot of money for. They are good for professional development once you have a basic qualification though. (some people do use short, self paid courses as their main education, but they are probs in different circumstances to yourself, ie work full time / parent / career change)

Good luck!

Thanks, but i am unable to get into any college as i didnt take my Gcse's so i have no choice but to take home courses :mad:

Try the Herts and Essex Academy lovey - They are fab! Trained in massage with them & have & had many happy clients. They do practical hands on training

Don't let the fact you have no GCSE's put you off. If you have the willingness and wanting to learn beauty you will do it.

I wasn't allowed to study beauty at 16, was told to do A Levels, which I did followed by a degree, then went to do beauty.

Wish I was allowed to do what I wanted when I wanted but hey ho parents want the best for their kids don't they xxx

Hi

just beacause you dint take any gcses doesnt mean you cant get on a college beauty course.

please dont read the criteria, think you dont meet it and not bother.

Go along and chat to the course leaders and they may have a way for you to get on the course i only did 4 of my gcse due to ill health and even failed them i went to college did both level 2 and 3 beauty some part time holistic courses and now have my own business.

so dont be put off go see the college:):)
good luck!!!

Thanks, but i am unable to get into any college as i didnt take my Gcse's so i have no choice but to take home courses :mad:

most colleges will take on individual cases as exceptions. obviously you have to show a willingmess to enter the industy, which you have as you've taken a spray taning course off your own back.

You should stlll try. Give you local college a ring and ee if they will let you have an interview. you may even be able to start this month if your quick!! they take Jan admissions.

OR do a short course in say manicure and eye enhancement, and if you like it then apply to college next year!

but please please for the love of god, dont go round doing clients till your properly qualified and insured!! :!: im sure you wouldnt, but just in case! lol.

Hey ladies thanks for all the advice, i rang my college about a month ago and she said to me you wont be able to get into any beauty courses unless you have at least 3 gcse's :mad: so im a bit stuck there lol.

I dont mind doing home courses they are fun and can sit in the comfort of my own home.

Oh no worries hun would never touch anyone unless i have taken a course & got insurance.

But was wondering if i done a home eyebrow and lash tinting and shaping course , could i actualy work professionaly on clients?

Hey ladies thanks for all the advice, i rang my college about a month ago and she said to me you wont be able to get into any beauty courses unless you have at least 3 gcse's :mad: so im a bit stuck there lol.

But was wondering if i done a home eyebrow and lash tinting and shaping course , could i actualy work professionaly on clients?

You need to phone an insurance company and ask them if they cover the qualification you speak of? This is what is important. Eye lash tinting is one of the areas that insurance companies have very specific requirements on so ring them before completing this course.

Ok i will do...thank you it seems like a very good course its accredeted & its only 75.00 which is pretty good x

Ok i will do...thank you it seems like a very good course its accredeted & its only 75.00 which is pretty good x

Have you got a link for the course? What qualification does it give you?

what you've gotta remember is, just because you have the qualification, doesnt neccesarily mean your proficient to do clients! it can take months / years to become good at it!

I still think you should get onto the college. Write o them explaining the situation, and basically tell them how much you want to do the course and how committed you will be. might be worth knowing that around 50% of students drop out of the course in the first 2 - 12 months. use this to our advantage, th colleges need numbers, they need students to complete the courses.

i would give it another try!

Rebekah - I have never attended one of the courses by this company to comment on how good it is. However, this is only half a days course and you will NOT be proficient in carrying out this treatment after half a day!

Please, for your own benefit look at other options that cover the required elements over a longer period of time and in more detail than can be covered in half a day.

Oh ok, i was going to do the home course, im really cautious of these home courses so for now i will prob stick to spray tanning xx

Iam with the others still i would go to the college again or even try another college within distance most colleges do beauty courses.:)

And with the learn at home courses be careful as they are a lot of money and not many people will recognize the certificate you get so it will be a waste of manoy plus you dont have to practice on people which is quite a scary really

i have taken quite a few college courses and personally i don't see how you can get much from a home learn course

but i can see why they are appealing

i would try different colleges they may take you on without formal qualifications but ask you take an assessment first

Latest posts

Back