Courses

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

19LouLou79

Reaction score
hi all, I'm new to this site and have joined because I'd like to learn how to do gel nails. For myself and family and then when confident and experienced enough as a job. I've begun looking into it a little and have noticed that I would probably need to do a basic manicure course first on its own or within a gel course. My question is does anyone have any suggestions of course that are not too much money and can be done in a few days/evenings or online etc.
Thankyou all in advance

Hi :) I'm in the same position as you.... Interested in Nail Tech & new to this site. I've been doing a L2 nail technician college course since Sept 2015 (due to finish in the next 6wks or so). It's split into 3 sections - Manicure, pedicure & nail tech (gels, acrylics etc). We attend for 3.5hrs one eve a week. It sounds like a really long time & it isn't exactly cheap once you start buying all the kit, but I am sooo glad I decided to do this course rather than an online one or one that runs for a few days. There is no way I could have learnt the amount that I have in such little time. A few girls on the same course as me spent nearly the same amount of money doing 1 day or weekend courses but didn't find that they got enough info/experience so have had to then do the college course as well. Personally I would really recommend investing a bit more time/money into doing a similar course... However I am very new to this & only speaking from limited experience so others may be able to advise you of some good alternatives! x

IT seems a minefield, still have no idea where to start.

Latest posts

Back