Courses

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GabrielleOrd

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I’ve been thinking for a long time about getting into nail tech.
I’m a really creative person and have been all my life.

Im just struggling because I’m now turning 21 so have to pay for education and I work full time.
I’ve seen that open college does a full nail tech course with a kit.
I’ve had a look at part time study but can’t fit any around work hours.
I know it would probably be super difficult but would it be worth it. I have practically no other options.
I’m very good with my hands and pick practical stuff up relatively quickly usually. Can’t say I will because I’m not 1000% sure.
I have friends and family I can practice on as well.
just wanted a professionals opinion before I go and chuck my money at it because it’s my only option and a career I would really love to get into but can’t give up work to pursue due to income.
Thanks I’m advance for any advice.

Perhaps try looking for a private tutor? They are usually more flexible to fit around full time work. I'm in a similar situation to you. I'm 27 and work full time and I'm studying for an NVQ level 2 in beauty therapy with a private tutor. I have 12 months to complete the course, all theory work is done remotely and then I just have to arrange a day/time to go in to do my practicals. Good luck! :)

Perhaps try looking for a private tutor? They are usually more flexible to fit around full time work. I'm in a similar situation to you. I'm 27 and work full time and I'm studying for an NVQ level 2 in beauty therapy with a private tutor. I have 12 months to complete the course, all theory work is done remotely and then I just have to arrange a day/time to go in to do my practicals. Good luck! :)
Thanks for the advice! Is it easy to find a private tutor?

Yeh relatively. Just Google nail tech courses or whatever course you are interested in doing, then look at google maps and see who is offering courses in your area. Or try 'the beauty academy', I haven't used them myself but they have training locations across the country. Are you looking to go self employed or work in a salon?

Latest posts

Back