Couture NAILS BABY!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HeatherDavis

Reaction score
Hey yo wassup all. ;)

I don't like to post art work and the like very often, but am all a flutter after doing some creating tonight for an article in NAILS magazine, and thought I would share my mini-gallery. I had 3 themes to work with: embossed, eyelet, and text messaging.

So here is the official showing, cheese and wine will be served afterwards....

:green:

l_4efcabc2d74abd304113b04d97e0c685.jpg
l_aeb17333c0b9ad9cc5a595a91436e66b.jpg
l_2da86d4c0114c3e54231f13144fa0b7b.jpg
l_13be841129364acb92d5ef4cb0f01dc3.jpg
l_3b9319c4eb8c1ca0ece45dc65d52c565.jpg

I am frequently inspired by work I see done by other geeks, so I thought I would take a turn since I was already at it... ;)

Fantastic work!
The yellow one is my favourite, I think I'll do my nails like that the next time, if you don't mind!

omg....how fantastic are they....yellow one is my favorite...how on earth did you do that??????......i want your talent...they are execllent hun very well done xxxx

Wow I love the yellow one.
Great ideas!

BKY :)

Superdedooper !!!! as my daughter would say.

Love the leaf design, thats my fave !!!!

What a star

Thanks guys! The yellow one is my favorite too actually- I drilled three holes in the nail, then snapped various colored eyelet hooks into the holes after painting it "Hot Pop Yellow", then after it was dry I ran a ribbon through it! I put a dot of topcoat on the knots so that they wouldn't loosen. The leaf is a real leaf! It's a treated leave dipped in copper- I cut it to fit the nail, and when the polish was tacky, just "smushed" it on. No topcoat on it, I wanted it to stay textured. The "alligator" nail is a layer of red enamel, then a layer of black, when it was tacky I took a corner of a plastic bag and drew lines by pressing- no top coat on this one either for texture. All others were just hand painted, except for the one with the embroidery iron-ons glued to the nail.

Glad you are enjoying it! I have paint all over my hands this morning, and topcoat, and some glue... lol. It was fun though ;)

I love the alligator one, i have some shoes and a bag that would go with that just perfectly lol

HAHA! I modeled it after a pair of my shoes and one of my handbags LOL!!!

Latest posts

Back