Cover powder problem

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PixieBeauty

Reaction score
Hi geeks, have just done a set of l&p on myself using cover powder for maybe the second time or so. (CND)

Every time I use it I can always see the line/join between zones 2&3 on every nail. I assume the reason is the mix ration is different but it actually looks the the acrylic is the same colour on both sides of the line, it's just a whitish line.

Can someone please advise what I'm doing wrong and crucially how to fix this?

Sorry if the pic is no good as they are all shiny now!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1337957512.172598.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1337957512.172598.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 212
I used to get this with NSI cover powder, my mix ratio was too wet x

Yes I definitely work on the wet rather than dry side.

I can't get my mix ratio right at all!! Grr.. Always been a problem :(

Thanks for the reply xx

I have good results with covers from entity and nfu-oh. With cnd's powders I struggled with ratio, and finally gave up.

I've had a play with both EZ flow and Harmony L&P and found both much easier to work with.

I must admit I have wondered if I'd get on better with other products but I'm more concerned it's a case of the 'workman blaming his tools' for me

When you do zone 2 you must feather out the product so it doesn't leave a harsh line and then the same when you do zone 3 and yes, you do have to get your ratio refined a fair bit.

Thank you, I'll try that today xx

Have just been reading this thread as have a similar problem when I do an infil/rebalance with CND opaque powder. Have made sure existing product is flush to nail plate so is it likely to be mix ratio is too wet? Or too dry?

Latest posts

Back