Cover up strap marks?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tori S

Reaction score
Hi I have a client in today who wants her legs spray tanned and she also wants me to get rid of white strap marks.
Can you apply spray tan by hand on white strap marks?
If not what do you recommend to cover these?

Is she getting a full body?

No just legs and strap marks on shoulders

I would just spray over them with the gun.

As Ash says, just use your gun. Do you have a contour setting? xx

Thanks both of you. No I dont have a contour setting xx

Unless you have a compressor airbrush (the type used for airbrush makeup, nails etc) I don't think you'd get a controlled enough spray to just cover the white strap marks, it is bound to go onto the surrounding darker skin which will just make that darker.

I haven't ever tried this but if you are confident the tan solution you have is a good match for her existing tan, maybe decant a little and use a triangle cosmetic sponge wedge and gently dab the tan solution to the white strap marks only? My suggestion would then be to see how that develops and then just lightly spray tan her all over (use a darker shade on her legs if that's what she wants). I think it's quite hard to completely even up white marks though. X

Unless you have a compressor airbrush (the type used for airbrush makeup, nails etc) I don't think you'd get a controlled enough spray to just cover the white strap marks, it is bound to go onto the surrounding darker skin which will just make that darker.

I haven't ever tried this but if you are confident the tan solution you have is a good match for her existing tan, maybe decant a little and use a triangle cosmetic sponge wedge and gently dab the tan solution to the white strap marks only? My suggestion would then be to see how that develops and then just lightly spray tan her all over (use a darker shade on her legs if that's what she wants). I think it's quite hard to completely even up white marks though. X

Thank you that makes a lot of sense x

Hi,
Another method that has been tried and tested over many years is to decant some solution and use a cotton wool bud to apply to the white areas, this is also a method to apply to customers with vitiligo.

Thanks Ambermist x

Ambermist do a really great blending brush which is fabulous for strap marks and contouring.

Latest posts

Back