Covering over old full head bleach

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stella1981

Reaction score
Hi looking for advice on grown out level 6 (3inches) with existing full head bleach and level 9 and 10 through mid length and ends. My question is I'm wanting to keep it a natural Brown, target shade being 5/07, i use wella. Wanting a natural brunette brown without the brassy warmth but I'm aware I will have to colour fill for longevity but don't want it fading brassy. Has anyone any formulas you could suggest? Normally I would fill with 3/4 perfecton and target shade but want to keep it a little more on the natural side. Thanks in advance guys 😊

If you wanted to keep it a more neutral result you can possible prepig with perfecton. 20ml /3 + 10ml /43 + 50ml-ish warm water.
This will still give you a a prepig but not as much as the warmth will shine through under the colour.
I would aim for a base 6 prepig, this will still give you the pigment without it being too saturated.
(For example with loreal if you wanted a neutral end result for a base 5 you would prepig with dialight 6,3)

If you wanted a /07 result you could also pre-pig with /5 (mahogany which is made up of red/violet) and /3 and then apply a 5/0 ober that which will give you a similar result to /07 (/7 in wella is made of gold red and violet)
I would dilute it with more water and keep building the tone up to where you are happy, with perfecton being an overlay product you can layer it up to get the intensity you need.

When I did my master colour programme with wella we were also taught you can always post pig too if it needs a tiny bit more warmth in the colour.

If you wanted to keep it a more neutral result you can possible prepig with perfecton. 20ml /3 + 10ml /43 + 50ml-ish warm water.
This will still give you a a prepig but not as much as the warmth will shine through under the colour.
I would aim for a base 6 prepig, this will still give you the pigment without it being too saturated.
(For example with loreal if you wanted a neutral end result for a base 5 you would prepig with dialight 6,3)

If you wanted a /07 result you could also pre-pig with /5 (mahogany which is made up of red/violet) and /3 and then apply a 5/0 ober that which will give you a similar result to /07 (/7 in wella is made of gold red and violet)
I would dilute it with more water and keep building the tone up to where you are happy, with perfecton being an overlay product you can layer it up to get the intensity you need.

When I did my master colour programme with wella we were also taught you can always post pig too if it needs a tiny bit more warmth in the colour.

This is really helpful! thankyou for your kind reply. Unfortunately I don't have perfection but I have mixtones in wella so would that be /56 in special mix Mabe?

It's /65 but that will be a little bit intense on its own and too much on the violet side.

You could use 6/75 + 7/75 to give it the undertone and then cover with the base 5. I've never done that with Wella though so go a bit darker than anticipated. I normally always prepig with perfecton. I've.only ever prepigged with another base shade like in my last comment where you use 6,3 to prepig for a neutral with loreal.

You could always pre-pig with 8/43 to give it a lighter copper base and then 5/07 over without the underlying tone be too intense.

Thankyou,
In colour touch demis would you say?

I'd say colour touch would be better than koleston to prepig if you have it.

Latest posts

Back