Covering tattoos with Airbase-anyone have tips?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

salj

Reaction score
Hello fellow geeks,

Does anyone have any experience of covering tattoos with airbase? I was told on my training we could do this but were not given much instruction on it.

I was watching a youtube vid by someone from Kett using their waterproof airbrush foundation to do this and was tempted to buy a starter kit but i’m a bit broke right now so if I can do it with what I already have i will.

Basically she sprayed a layer of lighter foundation to cover and filled in a few dark spots then did 2 light layers of foundation matching the skin tone. Then powdered.

Does that sound right and is it waterproof / transfer proof. Obviously I don’t wanna cover a tattoo and then have the foundation wipe off onto the dress.

Thanks for any help.

xx

I have only covered a small one on the back of the neck. I used a lighter shade and sprayed a few thin layers (leaving a few minutes in between to let it dry) until it was almost covered then I started using the shade that matched the clients skin. When using the shade closest to the skin I sprayed the area around the tattoo so it would blend better. After letting it dry I buffed it a bit. Very important to make sure it is completely dry before you touch it or you have just wasted your time.

On our training we where told to use the blush to help cancel out the colours for very dark tattoos. So mainly green toned tattoos use the pink blush first to cover up and then use the lighter shade, then skin shade. On blue tone tattoos use the peach blush.

I wouldn't cover one anywhere where the dress would be sitting as I think the dress would cause it to come of eg. If they had a tattoo on their back and the dress was going to sit right on it.

Maybe someone who has covered more will be able to help with the dress bit but I wouldn't be guaranteeing that it wouldn't rub off.

Sent from my CUBOT ONE using SalonGeek mobile app

There's a trick to covering tattoos using a red lipstick and some pressed powder , apparently it's quite long lasting! Might be worth a google

Use final seal by ben nye for a waterproof and smudge free effect. just spritz it. works a charm or use a paramedic camouflage one from dinair.. personally final seal is far more easier.
What i would do depending on skin type use the airbase primer the blush airbase for concealer and then go over foundation wise colour matched then use the final seal. easy pleasy!

You can also use any other airbrush foundation/shades bottles ones for covering the tattoos like occ, paris atelier, kett, temptu etc I would set it inbetween with a setting powder if it was troublesome but should work fine xoxo

I've seen a derma blend video where "zombie boy" (fella literally covered in tattoos to look like a zombie, also in lady gaga "born this way" video) uses it to cover the tattoos all over his face scalp and neck the transformation is AMAZING

Thanks guys. Need to get my airbrush out and have a play.

Re Dermablend, it's not cruelty free so unfortunately is a no go for me.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks guys. Need to get my airbrush out and have a play.

Re Dermablend, it's not cruelty free so unfortunately is a no go for me.

OMG really I had no idea only recently seen the videos and read about the product but that's definitely put me right off it.

Yeah I know. Sucks because it's supposed to be great.

Latest posts

Back